Solar

Oregon vs. Miami Fan Loyalty

I certainly felt Oregon fans were extremely loyal to suffer the Cristobal offense after the Kelly/Helfrich years.

Mario was pissed for getting boo'd, but at least we showed up, despite the poor product!

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/miami-hurricanes-legendary-college-football-program-embarrassing-crowd-senior-day

Edited by Solar

I was at the Boooo game and MarinO deserved it. Frustration was building in the stands and everyone around me was booing. Including myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

What a surprise!!!

Can’t give away tickets for the predictable offense that the HC swears will win games when he finally gets “his” style of recruits on the field. 

Don’t hold your breath Miami.

I think Mario thought we were booing AB. Nope, that was for you and your shallow crossing routes on 3rd and 12. If you go to the CanesInSight forums you see the same complaints you saw on this site 3 seasons ago.

The thing about Mario is he always gave us hope with his recruiting and healthy hatred for Washington. I think he’s still salty about the fact that they diminished one of his national championships by laying claim to half of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cristobal did manage to win a Rose Bowl in year two for Oregon and win back to back conference championships and get our first win over Ohio State. 

In short ... Oregon fans were frustrated with Cristobal but he did at the very least give us something to satisfy us even if he was never going to take us to the promised land. 

For Miami... He has them bowl eligible this year. So I guess that's something. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1