Solar

Why Didn't Dilly Consult with Us First!?

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/history/marcus-arroyo-joins-kenny-dillinghams-staff-as-asu-offensive-coordinator

Maybe I'm being too harsh on Arroyo, that he perhaps was another victim of MC imposing his will.

Dilly is going to find out.

• Oh no! 1
  • Wow 1

I think Dillingham has a pretty good handle on college offensive schemes. He needs the bodies that can compete. 

Time will tell if he can recruit, or is in over his head as a head coach. 

On 12/4/2023 at 1:02 PM, Solar said:

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/history/marcus-arroyo-joins-kenny-dillinghams-staff-as-asu-offensive-coordinator

Maybe I'm being too harsh on Arroyo, that he perhaps was another victim of MC imposing his will.

Dilly is going to find out.

I think Arroyo was a better OC than most people give credit for.  He was primarily stuck under MC's insistence on a ridiculously bad power run scheme...like the rest of the MC's coordinators, he did the best he could under that dark cloud and left as soon as possible.

Agree Arroyo was under the shadow of MariØ and that meant he didn't see the light of day on offense. He isn't head coach material, but no need to let him be boxed in from his days under the long shadow of MariØ.

Just ask one of the better offensive minds, Shannon Dawson who is now floundering at Miami now. Or you might ask the OC before at Miami, voted top assistant Josh Gattis, then fired once he tried to run the offense at Miami.

Nobody should be judged for struggling under MariØ when considering their offensive play calling. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1