Ktmguy2018

What Are We Getting In Dillon Gabriel

The stats have been compiled and analyzed.  The videos have been viewed on YouTube.  The experts and others have already debated that this is THE best portal move out there.  I agree with everything.

But, what kind of person is Dillon?  It is telling to me that a significant amount of Sooner fans are wishing him the absolute best and thanking him for what he did for Sooner football.  That they are excited for him to be at Oregon and hope he is in New York for a certain trophy presentation next year.

When your former fan base is happy for you and wishing you the very best at Oregon, that tells me something about this kid.  When they WANT you to succeed somewhere else, that tells me Dillon MATTERED to the Sooners.  

During the Heisman presentation, an interviewer asked DL about Bo Nix.  DL said that Bo Nix "The babysitter" gave DL's kids too much ice cream.  Bo Nix babysat DL's kids!!!  That tells me even more about Bo's character.

Dillon is in that same mold with what I am reading from Sooner fans.  Wins define a season, and we want OBD to produce wins.  

Character can define a program.  Most of us on this board have various names for Jameis, for Cam, for Cliff Harris, and even Masoli. 

What stands out to me for character is a Mariota, Herbert, Nix, etc.  Dillon seems to be in that same mold.

We got a phenomenal player to lead the team in 2024.  It also appears we got an amazing man to lead this team.  

• Salute 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

The All B12 1st string QB. No other team will be signing an all-P4 conference QB.

Dillon has been legit since coming out of HS where he was named the HS POY.

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1