Steven A

NCAA Will No Longer Deny Immediate Eligibility for Multi Transfers

Geez, it only took another loss in Court for them to act.

It now gets a lot wilder for all.

WWW.MSN.COM

WOW! The last vestige of control on transfers is G-O-N-E gone. 

Managing a roster in CFB is exponentially more difficult than in the NFL. Another reason why NFL-Lite including pay-for-play, an HS draft, possibly a salary cap, and negotiated restrictions on transfers, will be here sooner rather than later.

Lose a few of the big-time suits that are out there and the NCAA will have no recourse but to file BK.

This and Baker's proposed pay-for-play are both raising the flag against the attorneys and the NLRB.

On 12/13/2023 at 4:18 PM, Jon Joseph said:

The last vestige of control on transfers is G-O-N-E gone.

Au contraire, wait to they sue for in-season transfers!!!

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

One and done like NCAAM. Not good IMO

On 12/13/2023 at 4:18 PM, Jon Joseph said:

WOW! The last vestige of control on transfers is G-O-N-E gone. 

Managing a roster in CFB is exponentially more difficult than in the NFL. Another reason why NFL-Lite including pay-for-play, an HS draft, possibly a salary cap, and negotiated restrictions on transfers, will be here sooner rather than later.

Lose a few of the big-time suits that are out there and the NCAA will have no recourse but to file BK.

This and Baker's proposed pay-for-play are both raising the flag against the attorneys and the NLRB.

You are correct, I can’t see anything about a salary cap in college football. 

let’s see. Who has the most money.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2023 at 7:47 PM, Just Ducky said:

You are correct, I can’t see anything about a salary cap in college football. 

let’s see. Who has the most money.

Spot ON. As is Steven A's take.

But Steven A's thoughts focus on another reason why the HUGE money teams will need to somewhat spread the sugar as does the NFL, across the board. Including going with a draft for the 32 to 40 members of the Super League. And a salary cap of some kind with no cap on individual rights for players to market their NIL as is the case today in the NFL.

Broadcast rights will be negotiated in concert. Money-wise, and sadly it's all about the Benjis, will incent parity. And can you imagine the money a Super League can bargain for with streaming coming on?

Make no mistake, I like none of 'This.' I want to go back to a world before the BCS but that will not happen. And to have any control over player compensation and transfers, etc. will require an agreement with a union.

But for today. I'll enjoy CFB the way it is. What choice do we have?

Go Ducks! Extinguish the Flames!

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 1

Some clarification. The NCAA is contesting the court ruling that allows for immediate eligibility of players who have transferred before.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

Transfer rules and the granting of waivers regarding eligibility have resulted in some bad PR and sharp criticism of the NCAA recently.