Charles Fischer

Troy Franklin Announces for NFL Draft and Forgoing the Fiesta Bowl

Can't blame him, and wish him well.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon wide receiver Troy Franklin announced on Friday he will turn pro.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

After being snubbed on the Biletnikoff and still finishing the season as a top receiver in the nation I can't say I blame him. He owes it to himself to have the best chance possible in the draft. It would be great to see him drafted above other Biletnikoff finalists.

Is Troy Franklin the GOAT wide receiver in Oregon Ducks history? A look at the numbers...

The college career for Oregon Ducks wide receiver Troy Franklin is officially coming to an end. On Friday night, Franklin announced that he would be opting out of the Fiesta Bowl and declaring for the 2024 NFL Draft, as many expected him to do.

In 2023, Franklin put a stamp on his career, hauling in 81 catches for 1,383 yards and 14 touchdowns, setting the Oregon school record for most single-season receptions, yards, and touchdowns.

He also broke the school record for most receiving touchdowns in his career with 25.

So, is it safe to say that he is the best wide receiver in Oregon Ducks history?

That’s a fair question to ask, but it’s something important enough to require time and thought, not allowing yourself to succumb to recency bias.

Troy Franklin is great, no doubt. So were Samie Parker, Tony Hartley, Jeff Maeh, Keenan Howry, Cristin McLemore, and Josh Huff.

Now that Franklin’s college career has officially come to an end, let’s look at the total numbers for each of the best receivers in Oregon history, and determine where the balance of power should ultimately stand.

I give you my Oregon Ducks all-time wide receiver rankings...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

After a historic season in 2023, are Troy Franklin’s career numbers good enough to define him as the best WR in Oregon Ducks...