OregonDucks

Podcast: Dan Lanning Building An SEC Team Out West

Can an SEC like built team compete in the B1G? We are about to find out. 

Oregon = Georgia West

Based on how Dan Lanning is building the team (quantity of dudes, cleaning up on defense, adding talented skill players). He’s learned from Kirby Smart and Nick Saban.

Getting most of the top players in California and West of the Mississippi. 

Is there a better coach at flipping commits with signing day coming up?

Good stuff. Worth the listen. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I said this in another thread but it deserves repeating. Lanning is filling his roster with extremely good players at every position and going deeper with talent than ever before.

Not sure what Dans IQ is but his football talent IQ is off the charts.

• Thumbs Up 1

The SEC builds depth on their rosters better than any other conference, including the B1G. Lanning must've taken great notes while at Georgia because it won't be long before this team resembles the juggernaut that might win it all for the 3rd time in a row. It took Kirby longer to build his team into a contender!

This is especially important now more than ever as we head into the 12 team playoff. Depth will determine how far teams make it. With a longer post season, players WILL get hurt. The team that is better equipped to replace their starters without missing a beat is the team that wins it all; and Oregon is stacking dudes.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 12/21/2023 at 8:20 AM, Babyjesus615 said:

Lanning must've taken great notes while at Georgia because it won't be long before this team resembles the juggernaut that might win it all for the 3rd time in a row

Don't think Georgia can do that when they missed the CFP this year, but back to back NCs is still pretty dang impressive, and DL owns one of those. 

On 12/21/2023 at 8:36 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Don't think Georgia can do that when they missed the CFP this year

Haha I just realized what I wrote. I'm recovering from a flu and clearly not as sharp yet as I thought I was! 😆