Charles Fischer

Dan Lanning...Why OREGON?

This is from a 24/7 Sports interview, and since the topic comes up on a regular basis...

Q: WHY IS OREGON A PLACE YOU SO CLEARLY WANT TO BE AT?

"Oregon gave me an opportunity that no one else gave me to start there. They saw something in me that not necessarily anybody else saw. Beyond that, there was an opportunity at this place to do some things that I thought -- I had everything in front of me as far as accomplishing the goals I want to accomplish.

"When you work with an administration like ours, a guy like Rob Mullens, you see the alignment within the university of the things you want to accomplish, all of those things exist at Oregon, innovation. College football is changing so fast and Oregon is willing to be on the cutting edge when it comes to that.

"For me, I don't take that lightly and I feel like I have unfinished business here. There's a lot I want to accomplish here. Then, maybe more importantly than any of that, my kids, right? I have lived in eight different states. I'm tired of moving, right? You've got to change, like, license and all that stuff, all the time. It's not fun and probably even less fun for my wife.

"So we love Oregon. It's been everything that we wanted. We get to coach great players and be around great people and it makes a lot of sense for us."

Canzano: Three coaches -- and three wins we shouldn't ignore

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mea Culpa, Rob. 

Great post, thanks.