NJDuck

Now George Kliavkoff Decides to Speak?

Pac-12's George Kliavkoff laments 'upsetting' exodus as Washington prepares to play for national championship

Washington, one of the 10 departing Pac-12 schools, is College Football Playoff National Championship bound

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Washington, one of the 10 departing Pac-12 schools, is College Football Playoff National Championship bound

George Kliavkoff Blames Pac-12 School's Impatience For Conference Collapse

gettyimages-1817402638.jpg

https://www.si.com/college/stanford/football/george-kliavkoff-blames-pac-12-schools-impatience-for-conference-collapse

Kind of sounds like he's trying to claim credit for the success on the field this season. 🤔

'We were focused on rebuilding football. Took two-and-a-half years. I wish it would have happened quicker.'

Of course the finger pointing begins...half of it is George's fault.  He should've pushed back hard against the Pac12 presidents and told them that $30+ million offer from ESPN was their best shot at decent money and solid linear tv time.  That one's on him and no one else.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

George....how were you going to improve on 22 million--that had contingencies? Even 30 million being rejected is nowhere close to what Oregon will get with 49 million a year averaged over 10 years, minus the 3.5 million average per year exit fee from the Pac-12.  (Oregon State's ransom)

We get 23.5 million a year MORE for leaving, and you could not even match that difference with your entire offer?

Let me guess...it is the FANS fault, right?

Mr. FishDuck

I'm just really irritated by folks who cannot take responsibility for their actions and instead blame others.  Always look out for those that point fingers.........

Let’s lay most of the blame on Pat Haden at usuc talking Scott and the powers at be to not let Oklahoma and Texas in when they wanted in and followed by Oklahoma State and another Texas school which escapes me at the moment. That would have gave the pack 6 of the best money making schools in college football.

And then there was usuc stabbing every other pack school in the back with the help of that other la school.

And then there was George K over valuing the conference and loosing everybody. Pack should have hired our own Jon to handle this job. Probably would have a 16 team powerhouse conference with Oregon, Washington, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and usuc leading the way. instead of Nothing.

Sorry I got carried away but this really p—ses me of.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 1/3/2024 at 12:09 PM, Just Ducky said:

Let’s lay most of the blame on Pat Haden at usuc talking Scott and the powers at be to not let Oklahoma and Texas in when they wanted in and followed by Oklahoma State and another Texas school which escapes me at the moment. That would have gave the pack 6 of the best money making schools in college football.

And then there was usuc stabbing every other pack school in the back with the help of that other la school.

And then there was George K over valuing the conference and loosing everybody. Pack should have hired our own Jon to handle this job. Probably would have a 16 team powerhouse conference with Oregon, Washington, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and usuc leading the way. instead of Nothing.

Sorry I got carried away but this really p—ses me of.

I agree that would have been awesome to add Texas and OU in hindsight.

But the real blame falls squarely on 3 California schools not called Stanford. They all relatively sucked the last 10 years with zero playoff appearances, especially the LA schools, but I don’t let Cal off the hook…that’s a program with history and they were terrible. The two LA schools being non-factors in any significant way neutered the conference. Imagine if Michigan and tOSU had performed similarly, or Georgia and Alabama. 

USC specifically floundered and blamed the conference. Talk about pointing fingers, if they had acted like a true blue-blood the conference reputation would have been just fine, but nope, they sucked and failed up.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1