Mudslide

ESPN Fakes Strike again. Has To Return 37 Emmys Using Made Up Names.

WWW.FORBES.COM

Thirty-seven awards won by “College GameDay” and other ESPN programs have been returned.

Edited by Mudslide

Frankly, I think the on-air personalities deserved those Emmy's. I have no problem with ESPN hooking up people like Herbstreit and Corso. The Emmy's changed the rule this year, so they would have got them now, so who cares? I am 100% in favor of prior "crimes" being reversed or expunged when new "laws" are in place.

• Thumbs Up 2

1AnnoyeDuck here;

I'm middle aged, therefore I rant about getting off my lawn and this generation is worse. But, this is beyond sad. Sports is a dominant fabric in society. Football, Baseball, badminton, pickleball, Corn Hole, Archery...etc.etc.etc. We get the point right? Sports is about many things that are nostalgic and metaphoric. For those that have the ability, it's a beautiful demonstration of hard work and natural ability. For those that have grown older, it's a nostalgic reminder of yesteryear with your siblings and neighborhood friends.

We also want to see greatness. What can the human machine accomplish? What are it's limits? Then we reward for Greatness!! Sadly, cheating has creeped into society as 'Virtuous'. Don't believe me? "If you ain't cheating you ain't trying!" Apparently its OK to cheat as long as you don't get caught. Principled people are trustworthy. Those that aren't, you end up wondering if they can be trusted. I'm left wondering, if you are willing to cheat to get the Trophy..... what's left to honor? The Trophy is the ultimate prize we all struggle for. Its acknowledgement of hard work. But, ESPN is supposed to be the pinnacle of excellence and now they are the Pinnacle of cheating. Actually it doesn't surprise me. ....and that's sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

The ultimate "Participation Trophy"!

On 1/13/2024 at 8:55 AM, 1Funduck said:

cheating

It depends on how you define cheating. For example, there are "good" pass interference plays committed by DB's and "good" illegal blocks.

I remember finding myself in a scrum on the ice behind the net in an ice hockey game in high school, and after the puck somehow popped up right in front of me I made a one-handed toss with the puck over the net and "scored" a goal off of the goalie's back. I will never forget an irate opponent screaming at me, "you can't do that!" with me responding with "I know, that's why I did it." 

• Haha 1