NJDuck

Tonight: Oregon Men's Basketball Game Against Colorado

LIVE UPDATES: Oregon takes on Colorado in marquee Pac-12 road game

Live updates between Oregon and Colorado in a marquee Pac-12 matchup Thursday night.

The Oregon men's basketball program puts its six-game winning streak and first-place standing in the Pac-12 on the line Thursday night against an opponent who's had the Ducks' number from their home venue.

The Oregon Ducks (13-3, 5-0) travel to take on the Colorado Buffaloes (12-5, 3-3) for a Thursday night contest at the CU Events Center at 7:40 PM PT. The game will be carried by FS1, with Jenny Cavnar and Casey Jacobsen on the call

247SPORTS.COM

Live updates between Oregon and Colorado in a marquee Pac-12 matchup Thursday night.

Dana Altman Gives the Latest on Nate Bittle's Injury

The third-year center is still recovering from his wrist injury.

According to Oregon head coach Dana Altman, Bittle has a chance to play in this weekend's away series (Thursday vs. Colorado and Saturday vs. Utah) after an evaluation by Oregon’s medical staff on Wednesday.

“He's worked in practice the last couple of days,” Altman said in a press conference with reporters on Wednesday. “Not everything, but he's getting closer. I know he’s meeting with some trainers today to get exactly what they think he can do moving forward. But I wouldn’t anticipate him playing this weekend. He might play a little bit, depending on what they say today.”

89458267_thumbnail.webp

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/basketball/dana-altman-gives-the-latest-on-nate-bittles-injury

I just hope that these 2 bigs don’t ruin the chemistry of this team. Only time will tell.

It’s obvious to me that it has to slow them down and might hurt their full court defense. 

Tonight should give us some clues.

Go🦆🦆🦆s

On 1/18/2024 at 6:20 PM, Just Ducky said:

I just hope that these 2 bigs don’t ruin the chemistry of this team. Only time will tell.

It’s obvious to me that it has to slow them down and might hurt their full court defense. 

Tonight should give us some clues.

Go🦆🦆🦆s

That's a legit concern.  That's why I wouldn't mind Bittle taking another week and making sure he's fully healthy.  We can use him for the Arizona schools at home next week.  Dante should be more in the flow tonight as this is his second game back.

I don't know, but I kind of like our chances tonight for some reason.  Just don't get caught up in the hype, the altitude, etc. - just play our game like we have been.  The enthusiasm (Tracy) and leadership (Couisnard) on this team makes me think we can weather any early troubles and pull it out in the end.  Plus, we have Altman, who seems to be enjoying coaching this group a little more than the teams in the recent past.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brennan Rigsby: Oregon basketball's underrated star

AUTZENZOO.COM

In 2022, head coach Dana Altman saw potential in the JUCO player and recruited him to come join his roster.

I really like Rigsby's attitude and effort. He is a pure shooter and is becoming more consistent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes the current speed of play may slow down, a bit.  But, with our "bigs" back and involved Oregon BB should take away the inside game for most opponents, opens up offensive fast breaks from defensive rebounds and significantly helps win the rebound battle.  We won't have to rely on three pointers to pull out a game against other dominant inside post teams.

But, again it comes down to chemistry and how to balance our speed with our size.  Dana Altman seems to be able to strike that balance with teams that buying into his coaching.  I hope to see more of that balance over the next 4-6 games.

Go 🦆🏀!

The Ducks are having a hard time finding their rhythm and need to keep driving the ball to the rim. 

No hustle, just laziness out there, horrible foul shooting, settling on offense, Dana must be furious.

Dana is definitely not happy, I would not want to be in that locker room. No ball movement, flatfooted on D.

Good start to the second half, have to keep it going and not have lapses in concentration.

• Thumbs Up 1

Better energy, that but chewing at halftime seams to be working.

Williams for Colorado is the best freshman on the court, really like his game.  Some stupid fouls by both Diawara and Dante have really hampered Oregon, KJ not having his best game.

KJ has seemed off the last 2 games. Stopping Williams is tuff ask for anyone but having one of the big guys in the middle sure wouldn't hurt.

Shelstad is not being the creator he normally is, not seeing those drive and dish or pull up jumpers. Looking a little timid.

Yeah, best freshman out there right now is Williams and it isn't even close, bad game by Shelsted, whole team has not been good.  It's okay, we were due a game like this.

We looked tired the whole game other than that spurt at the start of the second half, not just physically tired, mentally tired.  Dante is completely out of shape, just isn't ready for more than about 15-20 minutes a game.

Edited by spartan2785

Time for Oquindo and  Tracy to give that boost.

Ugly game, the Colorado curse continues.

It's still cursed, that one win was a fluke, Oregon goes there and automatically become just a lackluster team, the reverse is we usually put Colorado in its place when they play in Eugene.  If we can win in Salt Lake, then the road trip is fine, lose that now, and it becomes a big opportunity to get a good road win lost.  We need these games to get into the tourney.

Just flush this one down the toilet.  That was the most lackluster I've seen the team all conference season.  Dante really hurt us this game, how many times can he lose the ball or put up a terrible shot?

Like Just Ducky was worried, the chemistry of the small ball team was definitely disrupted by trying to go inside to an out of shape Dante on too many occasions.  But like Dana said before, in the long run, we need the bigs, small ball is not going to get us far.

Can't win them all, forget about this one, come out better at Utah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty difficult to win games when you get killed on the glass and don't take care of the basketball.  Colorado essentially had 8 more possessions than the Ducks tonight. 

Shelstad finally had to face a long, athletic defender tonight and he struggled.  Dante looks very rusty. 

Need that win in Utah now.    

One thing that will help is if Evans can get back to playing like he did before last week, he seems to play better as a small 5 in a small ball lineup, but we need him to play as the 4 who can be versatile.  

Like I said before we were due a game like this where everything goes sideways, I think we matchup better against Utah, so we'll see how we do.

Oregon men’s basketball’s 6-game win streak ends at Colorado, ends Pac-12 era 1-10 in Boulder

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

What would Oregon’s final season in the Pac-12 be without another loss at Colorado?

Buzz saw.  The (now 11-1 at home) Buffs continued their dominance at home.  They definitely looked and played like the more cohesive team and won most of the metrics of the game.  Well we weren't going to go undefeated in conference anyway, but HAVE TO HAVE the game in Utah on Sunday.

Shake it off and learn from what went wrong and close out this road trip with a win.  Go Ducks!

I would have like to see Oquindo and  Tracy play more, they have more heft and weren't being pushed around as much as the other guard. They also play a style of D that is tuff and in your face. 

Cook and Dante need to get in shape. Seams to me that Cook would have been a good matchup for Williams who was just killing it against the smaller guards. Dante doesn't even seam like himself, barely able to elevate and getting stuffed by little guys.

Colorado is a tall team that is also quite agile, they played the toughest D the Ducks have seen all year.