Jon Joseph

ESPN+ 15 Games That Will Impact the 2024 Playoff

Paywall. ESPN's Heather Dinich lists the 15 games in 2024 that, in Heather's opinion, will have the biggest impact on the 2024 Playoff Field.

OREGON - 

No. 3 - Ohio State at Oregon - 10/12/24 - A B1G battle of the Os in Eugene. Wow!

No. 11 - Boise State at Oregon - 9/7/24 - Chance for the potential MW champ to make a Playoff impact. Ducks are 0-3 vs. the Broncos.

Other B1G Games -

No. 4 - Texas at Michigan - 9/7/24

No. 6 - Michigan at Ohio State - 11/30/24 

No. 9 - Michigan at UW - 10/5/24 - Will Harbaugh be on the Michigan sideline for these three games?

No. 12 - LSU vs. USC - 9/1/24 - Las Vegas

Other Games - 

No. 1 - UGA at Texas - 10/19/24 - The Grand Prix is also in Austin this weekend. Hotel rooms going for $14,000!

No. 2 - UGA at Alabama - 10/12/24 - Hotel rooms going for a 'cheap' $10,000. Same weekend as tOSU at Oregon.

7. - Oklahoma vs. Texas - 10/12/24  - Dallas 

No. 8. - Ole Miss at LSU  - 10/12/24 - Get your popcorn and IPAs ready for a quartet of impact games on October 12th.

No. 10. - Arizona at Utah - TBD

College Football News sees Oregon and USC both finishing 11-1 but 12-0 Ohio State with a win in Eugene plays SC for the B1G title. I see a rematch of the two Os in Indianapolis. ESPN SP+ has SC with the 2nd hardest SOS in the country in 2024. Oregon comes in at No. 13. Ohio State is not in the top 15.

https://collegefootballnews.com/news/big-ten-football-predictions-for-every-game-early-version

I like Heather but . . .

Boise State v Ducks only matters if the Broncos win.  Otherwise, ho hum for the Ducks and I'm a big believer in ho hum.

She is an SEC writer and so still has an usc hangover (when will they ever learn?)

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, Boise State and UW do not belong in any most important games lists.

• Applause 1