NJDuck

Over a Dozen Incoming Ducks See Big-Time Ratings Adjustments in Latest Top 247 Update

In the world of high school recruiting, it’s pretty fair to say that 247Sports has become the industry standard over the last decade, and their ratings of incoming players are often viewed as the best and most accurate. On Monday evening, 247Sports offered their final update of the year to the Top 247 — their 247 highest-ranked players in the 2024 class.

Being that the Oregon Ducks have one of the best recruiting classes in the nation, currently sitting at No. 5, it makes sense that a number of their players saw rating adjustments, both moving up and moving down in the rankings. In total 14 Ducks saw their numbers move, with one additional massive Oregon target seeing a nice bump as well.

Here’s a look at the latest numbers, and how they changed on Monday night for incoming Oregon signees and targets:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Over a dozen Oregon Ducks players saw a ratings adjustment from the latest Top 247Sports release on Monday.

HUH? What did any of these young men do since the end of the high school season to yo-yo like this?

All-Star games have this much of an impact? Why? An exhibition game with new coaches, players, and staff. Dante Moore lit it up in his all-star appearance last season. Did this help him at UCLA where he was thrown into the fire too soon and not properly coached up? 

This looks to me like the folks at 247 are desperate for clicks. Where's the corollary?  Rushing dropped 9 spots, what guys moved up ahead of Rushing and why?

NJ Duck, I appreciate as always, this post. And Zach Neel at Ducks Wire does an OK job. And all he is doing here is reporting off of 247. But his thinking leaves, IMO, a lot to be desired. For example, here is Zack's latest attempt at projecting the 2024 Playoff field.

1. Georgia

2. Ohio State

3. Oregon

4. Texas

5. Ole Miss

6. Michigan

7. Utah

8. Alabama

9. Missouri

10. Notre Dame

11. Oklahoma

12. G5

6 SEC teams in the top 11? Zack, this just in, SEC teams do play one another. For example, Oklahoma in 2024, plays Texas, at Ole Miss, at Missouri, Alabama, at LSU, TENN., at Auburn, and Tulane and Houston OOC. I expect that two or three PO teams will have two losses. Perhaps 1 will have 3 losses? I see at least 3 if not 4+ losses for the Sooners in 2024. Especially, coming into the SEC with a rookie QB.

BTW, Zach, I think the ACC champ will be ranked in the top 11, no?

It's a loooooooooong offseason. 

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/23/2024 at 10:13 AM, Jon Joseph said:

BTW, Zach, I think the ACC champ will be ranked in the top 11, no?

It's nearly obligatory for the top ACC team to get in. I can understand no Miami, as the post season will likely find Mari-No-O clenching his jaw and mumbling "More physicality needed" to himself. But no FSU or Clemson? 

To quote one prominent public figure, "C'mon, man!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Splitting hairs and it’s a game of relativity. One player going up can be because of another going down, doesn’t mean the player moving up magically improved…necessarily.

I love having this info and the research that is available, but at a certain point all I care about is the macro. I don’t get attached to players until they actually play meaningful minutes anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1