Steven A

Senior Bowl Thread

Evan Williams following in brother footsteps?

image.png.9da4b50aeeae3e3426ee7d7991b73ce8.pngLet's hope the game turns into another recruiting win.  Go Ducks (not former, these are the once a Duck always a Duck type).

• Thumbs Up 1

Evan Williams, Jackson Powers-Johnson earn honors at Reese's Senior Bowl

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks OL Jackson Powers-Johnson and S Evan Williams earned honors this week at the Reese’s Senior Bowl.

How to watch the Oregon Ducks in the 2024 Senior Bowl

Date: Saturday, Feb. 3

Time: 10 am PT

TV Channel: NFL Network

Live Stream: fuboTV (watch here)

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

How to watch the Oregon Ducks as they compete in the annual Reese’s Senior Bowl on Saturday.

Michael Penix Jr. opts out of Senior Bowl game, per report

Michael Penix Jr., Washington’s star quarterback and the 2023 Heisman runner-up, will not participate in Saturday’s Senior Bowl game.

After a week of practice in Mobile, Alabama, the former UW passer has decided not to play in the game, according to a report from Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio. Penix is one of a number of players on the National team who have decided to skip the game, leaving the roster “gutted,” according to Florio.

The Senior Bowl’s executive director shared on Saturday morning that a defensive lineman is switching from the American team to the National team for the game because of “roster attrition.” Nagy added it’s the first time in the 75-year history of the all-star showcase that a player has switched teams on game day.

According to Florio, Oregon’s Bo Nix will also only play a couple of series. That will leave Notre Dame’s Sam Hartman to handle the bulk of the snaps for the team.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Michael Penix Jr. will not play in Saturday's Senior Bowl game, according to a report.

Bo's looking good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish OBD players would all wear the same helmet so I could keep track of who is in the game. One that is easily identifiable as Oregon would be great. 

Did everyone else lose the FUBO feed?

I lost the FUBO feed about 30 minutes ago.

Hard to believe the NFL and FUBO could be so incompetent.

Finally back with seven minutes left so missed most of the second half.

On 2/3/2024 at 3:24 PM, TheRunningDuck said:

Hard to believe the NFL and FUBO could be so incompetent.

I fully understand this frustration.  The problem lied within the NFL network.  

This is the minor bowl games 2.0 with all the opt-outs.

I guess you use the system to show off in practice and then sit if you think you did enough.

Maybe the sponsors should offer $ per play you are on the field.

<chuckle>

On 2/3/2024 at 11:29 AM, Duxster said:

I wish OBD players would all wear the same helmet so I could keep track of who is in the game. One that is easily identifiable as Oregon would be great. 

I love and hate that that's the case for Oregon.

On the one hand it is a wonderful showcase of our unparalleled fashion.

On the other hand... readability is diminished in what is effectively an all star game that has a LOT of Ducks in it and you want the average viewer to see that.

On 2/3/2024 at 6:54 PM, Dav3d said:

<chuckle>

And to be blunt... being able to hit those check down passes is critical at every level of the game. Missing those throws kills drives more than missing the long bombs.

I also love how being a "check down passer" is seen as bad. Nix has made plenty of great deeper throws and shown off his skills over the years. But sometimes you just need to hit the guy whose open and let him make a play.

• Thumbs Up 2

Photos: Bo Nix leads several Oregon Ducks in impressive Senior Bowl week

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon quarterback Bo Nix leads several former Ducks in an impressive week of Senior Bowl practices.

Football: Senior Bowl Recap

Game highlights for Oregon players included a touchdown drive led by QB Bo Nix and an interception by SAF Even Williams.

WWW.ADDICTEDTOQUACK.COM

Game highlights for Oregon players included a touchdown drive led by QB Bo Nix and an interception by SAF Even Williams.