DUCati855

Former Duck, Wyndham Clark has Historic Day

Golf doesn't get a lot of play on Oregon message boards, but fans need to know that Clark is recognized by the announcers, Jim Nance in this event, as being a Duck.  They repeatedly talk not only about that, but speak about his caddy being a former Duck golf assistant coach for three years.

This was a great day for U of O athletic publicity.  What Clark did was shoot the lowest score, 60, on a par 72, that has ever been recorded at Pebble Beach.  This golf course in recognized world-wide as the course golfers most want to play. It opened in 1919, 125 years ago.  The ATT tournament, formerly the Crosby, has been drawing golf's greatest players since in began in the 1940's.  Clark's round of 60 is two strokes better than any professional golfer has every scored at Pebble.  An amateur golfer did shoot 61 a few years ago, but what Clark did today will be talked about for decades.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Yesterday was great for Clark! I'll be watching today for sure!

It's nice to know that at least one person affiliated with OBD can play golf!

Course Record! WOW!

Thank you, Mike Whitty, for the great comment. My Dad oft reminded me that years ago he and his buddies played Pebble for $25 a round. Today, $625 a round and you have to stay on-site. The cheapest room on site is Spanish Bay at $900 plus a night.

• Wow 1

A win is a win! Congrats Wyndham on a big win! His new putter and putting style really paid off. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Years ago I had a chance to play there for $350 a round. Guess what! I didn’t.

• Thumbs Up 1

In about 1972 my wife and I played Pebble got $40, each, including the cart.

• Applause 1