NJDuck

Report: Ducks are Pursuing Former Michigan DB Keon Sabb in Transfer Portal

The Oregon Ducks have been incredibly active in the transfer portal this year, and after adding the likes of Jabbar Muhammad, Kobe Savage, Kam Alexander, and Brandon Johnson, they appear to be set when it comes to talent in the secondary going into the 2024 season.

That doesn’t mean that they don’t want to continue to improve, though.

A relatively surprising name entered the portal earlier this week when Michigan Wolverines safety Keon Sabb announced that he was looking to transfer. Now it’s being reported by On3’s Hayes Fawcett that the Ducks are one of many teams who have reached out to Sabb since he became available.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks are reportedly pursuing former Michigan Wolverines transfer Keon Sabb in the portal.

Probably shouldn't say this because I don't mean to dump on a kid who could start for Michigan, but my inside sources suggest that you might be happy that the Ducks didn't land him. My intel is that the Dawgs passed on the kid without making contact because he was lacking in the speed/quickness department (at least by Georgia standards). That resonated with me because Georgia needs safties, but they have mucho young talent that the staff liked better.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1