Bruce3404

NCAA INDOOR NATTY TRACK PROSPECTS

In a word:  Ugly.  The men are projected to throw up a goosegg, falling behind such powerhouses as Lamar, S Utah, TX State....well, you get the picture.   Meanwhile, the women should at least score (I'm projecting 20-25 points) which gives them a shot at a top 10 finish.  Remember the good ol' days when we'd sweep and/or always finish with both squads on the podium?  I know they're saving some athletes for outdoors, but will it make much difference?  Hope I live long enough to see a repeat of the golden decade of 2010-2020.

Edited by Bruce3404
  • Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't hold my breath for outdoor season. The program is not in good shape with Schumacher doing very little to improve things. I can't say for sure what's going on, but none of it looks good.

Can’t imagine this is making our ex-trackster and current shoe magnate very happy.  Hayward will be a ghost town during the regular season if, like last year, Schumacher sends his best to run anywhere but home.  At this point I only buy season seats to assure good seating for Pre and the NCAAs.

Edited by Bruce3404

Coach Johnson led Oregon track and field to multiple national championships. Then things started to unravel and his contract was not renewed. The circumstances and rumors that led to that decision have definitely hurt the program. 

Nike and Alberto Salazar settled a lawsuit with Mary Cain with allegations of coaching abuse with regards to optimal weight for women athletes. Similar accusations had been circulating around Robert Johnson’s track program regarding optimal weight.

Perhaps, not so surprising that his contract was not renewed.