Jon Joseph

2024 College Football - Matt Hayes Writing on Saturday Down South (!) Gives Dan Lanning a Lot of Love

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

Dan Lanning learned under Nick Saban and Kirby Smart. Now he has taken The Process to Oregon, where he hopes to win big.

• Thanks 1

Nice read!

• Thumbs Up 1

When I am looking around for a football chat program to listen to, Matt Hayes is always high on my list (along with Greg McElroy). Good writer and solid analyst IMHO. He is like a lot of us who liv(ed) in the South and came to appreciate the dedication Lanning showed in all his coaching stops before landing in Eugene. 

I believe I was one of the first on the forum to tell you guys that you were going to love this guy. And given the history with past Head Coaches in recent years, I was overjoyed to hear that he quickly responded that he had everything he needed in Eugene and was staying when Bama came sniffing around. Gotta love that kind of loyalty these days and I suspect it will rub off on his teams.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2024 at 10:28 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

When I am looking around for a football chat program to listen to, Matt Hayes is always high on my list (along with Greg McElroy). Good writer and solid analyst IMHO. He is like a lot of us who liv(ed) in the South and came to appreciate the dedication Lanning showed in all his coaching stops before landing in Eugene. 

I believe I was one of the first on the forum to tell you guys that you were going to love this guy. And given the history with past Head Coaches in recent years, I was overjoyed to hear that he quickly responded that he had everything he needed in Eugene and was staying when Bama came sniffing around. Gotta love that kind of loyalty these days and I suspect it will rub off on his teams.

Kudos to  you Nevada Dawg.   You did tell us very early on we would love Dan.  He is genuine, real and has vision.  I was told by someone close to the program that Dan truly realizes what he has at Oregon.   His predecessors, including CK did not, thus choosing to move on because they believed they had better opportunities.   Not going down the rabbit hole on how that has or has not worked out depending on  your option.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom.