Jon Joseph

College Football's Best QB Rooms - Here is CBS Sports Take

More and more (and Gabe and Moore) it's looking like a Battle of the Os in 2024.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Building quarterback depth has never been more difficult, but these six teams have done it

Ohio State is No. 1 and Oregon is second but it's tOSU and Texas that get the lede. This has to stop! The only way it will stop is to win a Natty.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Few people other than close rivals know anyone in he Georgia QB room other than Carson Beck. But early reports out of Athens contend that both #2 Gunnar Stockton and highly rated freshman  Ryan Puglisi have both been running the team exceptionally well against a pretty damn good Georgia defense. I know I sound like super fanboy in saying this, but I honestly don't believe I would trade the 2024 QB room in Athens for #s 3,4,and 5 on this list (and maybe not even for #s 1 and 2). We shall see what we shall see. I know the ratings are predicated on depth, but If Carson stays healthy, that won't matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

I should have noted that I like the Ducks QB room a lot.

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Will Stein pleased with the way transfer quarterbacks have acclimated so far

Oregon is likely to rely upon a newcomers to start at quarterback this year. Oregon offensive coordinator Will Stein conveyed optimism about the way Dillon Gabriel and Dante Moore have operated so far.

Oregon offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Will Stein has been thrilled with the way both quarterbacks have handled their business since arriving in Eugene in January. 

"They're professionals. They take it seriously, just like Austin [Novosad] does, and Luke [Moga] is learning that same way," Stein said on Saturday afternoon following the team's second spring practice. "Dillon is a veteran guy. It's just like when Bo came in here with a lot of experience. Dillon has that same experience, and Dante had experience last year at UCLA playing in games."

Lanning lauded the way both have attacked the process of entering a new program with a new offensive system and player and coaching personnel.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon is likely to rely upon a newcomers to start at quarterback this year. Oregon offensive coordinator Will Stein conveyed optimism about the way Dillon Gabriel and Dante Moore have...