Charles Fischer

Ducks Are the 2024 Pac-12 Tournament Champion 75-68!

I told my wife last night that we won the Pac 12 Basketball Championship as well as the Pac 12 Football Championship in the last year of the Pac 12 and then I remembered who actually won the football championship, oh well............... Nice Job DUCKS!

Edited by Santa Rosa Duck

On 3/17/2024 at 10:54 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

What a great game. Dante had one of the best must win games in Duck history.

That block the three then chase down the ball then save it inbounds to a team mate play at the end was the most impressive thing I’ve seen a center do.

I was having flashbacks to Oregon's great Greg Ballard.

And yes, that play near the end where Dante came way out to swat the daylights out of that attempted Buff 3, chase it down to keep it from going out of bounds, while tossing it to a teammate, seriously displayed his athletic talent & high b-ball IQ. It's my favorite play of the game.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 9:33 AM, Charles Fischer said:

So hard to beat a team three times in one year...maybe we should play Washington in football again?

3 games against the Huskies in a span of about 12 months... losing each by 3. 

I'll be honest, that sting is going to linger for a while. 

No doubt that teams will now double, and even perhaps triple team, Dante. 

Especially after Oregon shot a horrendous 12% from the 3, opponents will likely feel some freedom to give our shooters some room and focus on defending Dante. 

So, hopefully, our shooters will be feeling it and nail some early shots from downtown.

On 3/17/2024 at 1:52 PM, Desert Duck said:

No doubt that teams will now double, and even perhaps triple team, Dante. 

Especially after Oregon shot a horrendous 12% from the 3, opponents will likely feel some freedom to give our shooters some room and focus on defending Dante. 

So, hopefully, our shooters will be feeling it and nail some early shots from downtown.

3 games in 3 days with a streaky shooting team = what we saw. Definitely could use more than 2 made 3s moving forward.

11 seed. To me that means we were likely on the outs if we didn't win the tourney. The chairman said there were five bids stolen this weekend.

Indiana State looks to be the one team that most are griping about today. I don't get upset over teams 69, 70, or 71. Those teams aren't going to win a title. But I do feel bad for fans of smaller programs, one upset can make your day as a fan. I mean look at how those kids at Duquesne reacted. Their first bid in 43 years, that's a special moment.