Dave23

Other Tournament Games Thread - Not Oregon

I figured we might need a place to comment on other games that are not Oregon as to not start individual threats about every game.

Dayton vs Arizona is starting to heat up and is a really close game. Arizona is definitely vulnerable to the outside shooting teams.

AZ in front by 12, looks like they are in control now

• Thumbs Up 1

The PAC 12 is looking good so far, and next up is WSU vs Iowa ST. Not feeling super confident the Cougars can pull it off, but you never know.

Gonzaga and Kansas is great game so far!

I always forget how The round of 32 is anticlimactic compared to the round of 64, having four games on at one time just makes it more fun. 

Gonzaga ended up making it not much of a game in the end, let's see if Michigan State can make it exciting against UNC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, Zags shot excellent all game!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2024 at 5:34 PM, Dave23 said:

I always forget how The round of 32 is anticlimactic compared to the round of 64, having four games on at one time just makes it more fun. 

Gonzaga ended up making it not much of a game in the end, let's see if Michigan State can make it exciting against UNC.

Yeah, looked like Kansas’s lack of depth showed its ugly head.  They were dragging in the second half.  

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always end up rooting for the Zags as a lot of Montana kids end up playing for them and they're only 3 hours away.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 5:39 PM, Dave23 said:

I always end up rooting for the Zags as a lot of Montana kids end up playing for them and they're only 3 hours away.

They have been such a strong program since 1999, I wouldn’t mind seeing them finally win it all after being so close. Of course not if they have to beat Oregon! 😂

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Thanks 1

Do other bulldogs root for bulldogs? Seems natural to me.

On 3/23/2024 at 5:42 PM, Dave23 said:

Do other bulldogs root for bulldogs? Seems natural to me.

Not necessarily, but I’ll make an exception for the Zags.😂  The Ducks are always my #2 team though.  And I mean that in the best possible way! 😂🤣😂

• Thumbs Up 3

Nine straight Sweet 16s for Gonzaga. Impressive.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/23/2024 at 3:46 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Not necessarily, but I’ll make an exception for the Zags.😂  The Ducks are always my #2 team though.  And I mean that in the best possible way! 😂🤣😂

I'm just guessing those Mississippi bulldogs aren't very liked in your neck of the woods.

On 3/23/2024 at 5:50 PM, Dave23 said:

I'm just guessing those Mississippi bulldogs aren't very liked in your neck of the woods.

Not at all.  I don’t consider them major rivals but I’ve no love for them.  Although, I might start liking them even less ever since @Jon Joseph pointed out to me their schedule over the next two years.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Go MSU beat the tar out of them.

On 3/23/2024 at 5:55 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Not at all.  I don’t consider them major rivals but I’ve no love for them.  Although, I might start liking them even less ever since @Jon Joseph pointed out to me their schedule over the next two years.

Apologies, I was mistaken.  @Jon Joseph was pointing out the Ole Miss and Missouri schedules over the next two years.

On 3/23/2024 at 5:50 PM, Dave23 said:

WSU doing a solid job against Iowa ST. Up 3 with 4 minutes left in the 1st half.

On 3/23/2024 at 4:14 PM, Dave23 said:

The PAC 12 is looking good so far, and next up is WSU vs Iowa ST. Not feeling super confident the Cougars can pull it off, but you never know.

The Cougs are tied at the half!  Never know, maybe they hang in there

• Let’s hope! 1

All PAC final 4, I'm calling it now

• Let’s hope! 1

At least Wazzu would be earning part of their spoils... 

Couged it. And Sparty was tarred. 

GO Oakland!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/23/2024 at 8:20 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Couged it. And Sparty was tarred. 

GO Oakland!

Oakland has their first lead of the night!!!

Hats off to Oakland, they played a very good game!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/23/2024 at 6:30 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Hats off to Oakland, they played a very good game!

I was rooting hard for Oakland.  Potential Cinderellas dropped like flies today.  We'll have to see if anyone wants to wear the glass slipper tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/24/2024 at 2:05 AM, SmithRiverDuck said:

I was rooting hard for Oakland.  Potential Cinderellas dropped like flies today.  We'll have to see if anyone wants to wear the glass slipper tomorrow.

Maybe so, I’m excited to watch James Madison.  Those guys play tough.  I think they play Duke so it will be hard but you never know.

• Thumbs Up 1