NJDuck

Report: CFB 'Super League' to Replace NCAA, CFP Being Discussed by School Presidents

I know this has been knocked around as a possibility, but...

A group that includes "several" college presidents have tabled a proposal to dramatically alter the way college football is organized, according to the Athletic's Andrew Marchand and Stewart Mandel.

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

A group that includes "several" college president have tabled a proposal to dramatically alter the way college football is organized, according to The…

Tick Tock NFL legal.   They be a comin' for your viewership.  Grab a big ol bag of popcorn cause the legalalities and antitrust issues are about to explode all over football in the next few years.

Player paying football leagues will be completely different ten years from now than they currently are today.  I can only hope that the changes produce a better and more entertaining product on the field and the amounts of money involved justify those changes.  

Of course only time will tell.  Just give me some high quality Duck football to immerse myself in and I can probably accept, or ignore, what comes to pass.

Go Ducks!

Edited by MicroBurst61

DOA!

Why would the Power 2 go for this instead of expanding to 20 teams each? The B1G and the SEC will receive, according to the latest calculation as reported by Jon Wilner, 59% of the Playoff pot. Why would the Power 2 agree to share with 30 more teams? Teams that have no hope of winning a title. 

Who are these 20 people and are any of the 20 affiliated with the Power 2?

The marketplace has and will continue to sort out CFB wheat from the chaff. 

Not so Fast! When I saw that W VA Prez Gordon Gee is one of the 20 folks behind this it helped cement my belief that this is a last gasp by teams being left behind by the Power 2. 

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

College leaders have reportedly met and devised a structure it believes would save college football

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth where the B1G and the SEC are not eleemosynary entities; ditto Fox, CBS. NBC, and ESPN, here's a take on what the 2024 playoff field might be.

https://collegefootballnews.com/rankings/college-football-playoff-top-25-rankings-prediction-2024-spring-what-will-expanded-cfp-be

Ditto for the B1G and Tony Petitti.

THEATHLETIC.COM

This would be a bad idea for Greg Sankey's conference, but the more ideas thrown out, the closer we get to solutions with a chance to last.

This restates the obvious: There is nothing in the 'Super League' proposal that is the least bit attractive to the B1G, SEC, and their broadcast partners. The market is doing just fine sorting out the winners and the losers. Will the B1G and/or SEC add ACC and B12 teams one day? Perhaps.

But the B1G and the SEC are not going to take in Oregon State, Washington State, Boise State, and SMU. And if they wanted to do so, adding such teams would be vetoed by the broadcast partners.

Lesser programs that sponged off conference partners to obtain operating capital do not like capitalism, which they benefited from, giving them a stiff arm. Tough.

FLYWAREAGLE.COM

The SEC, Big Ten, and television executives from Disney, FOX Corporation, NBC Universal, and ViacomCBS could've okayed the proposed college football Super Leagu

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2