Jon Joseph

Mari(0) - A Record that Will Never Be Broken?

You just made the list, buddy.

Per USA Today, in 2022, Miami paid $23 Million to Mari(o) to get him to move from Oregon to Miami. 

The largest single-year payment on record for any athletic department.

Is it any surprise that with a record of 12-13 to date this guy is under pressure? This is Mariana Trench, 35,814 feet deep pressure. 

I believe THIS deserves a thread of its own.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

From title contenders to rebuilders, these coaches are under major pressure to produce results

Add that to the ledger. 😆 

So Miami paid more to take him off our hands than one year of the alleged Apple deal? Nice one. What was our cut?

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Applause 1

John Ruiz, decided to take matters into his own hands and throw money at making Miami sports relevant.

Life wallet, a company he controls (LIFW), has had an epic loss in value in the last 18 months. Trading on the NASDAQ in 2022 for about $250/share, today it is less than $1/share, and in jeopardy of being delisted. Federal investigation ongoing.

That is a good sign of the judgement and leadership he provides. You may fool investors once, but afterward it becomes much more difficult. 

It will be interesting to see how much more money he wants to give teenagers, and coaches. 

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1
  • Wow 1

The U has never won an ACC title. Talk about living in Yesterday. Miami is an AAU member school but also a private school with its football stadium 30 miles from campus. Orlando is a bigger media market than Miami. And Miami is not in the top 25 of teams with the most viewers. 

FSU is This Close to AAU membership. FSU earns the membership and is free of the ACC and FSU and AAU member North Carolina, the 9th most populated state with close to 11M residents, would after Notre Dame, likely be the two top candidates on the B1G's (Fox + Friends) expansion list. 

On 4/17/2024 at 11:15 AM, Jon Joseph said:

The U has never won an ACC title. Talk about living in Yesterday. Miami is an AAU member school but also a private school with its football stadium 30 miles from campus. Orlando is a bigger media market than Miami. And Miami is not in the top 25 of teams with the most viewers. 

FSU is This Close to AAU membership. FSU earns the membership and is free of the ACC and FSU and AAU member North Carolina, the 9th most populated state with close to 11M residents, would after Notre Dame, likely be the two top candidates on the B1G's (Fox + Friends) expansion list. 

Saw a you tube video yesterday from locked on big 12 saying Miami wasn't getting into the power 2. Although he has his biased to wish they end up in the Big 12.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thanks 1

Fair to note that Ruiz is related to Mario's wife.   I don't know exactly how but it's reasonably close, i.e. cousins of something of that nature.

I also was recently told by someone with a line in the HDC that NO ONE in athletics was disappointed when it was learned that Mrs Cristobal would no longer be residing in Eugene.   Apparently she was not well liked.   No details other than no disappointment at her departure.

• Wow 1

John Ruiz's wife's family is related to Cristobal.  Ruiz and his wife separated before Cristobal was hired though.

Jessica Cristobal?  Don't know how she felt about Eugene, but obviously sometimes hard for a big city girl or boy to adapt.

Well, will Mario make Cam Ward look mediocre as he seems to do with all the talent he recruits?

• Applause 1

Curious to see if he gets the OSU HB, would go a long ways towards not utilizing Cam Ward.

On 4/18/2024 at 1:40 PM, Akubra91 said:

Well, will Mario make Cam Ward look mediocre as he seems to do with all the talent he recruits?

Although prior performance is not indicative of current results, THIS is odds on. 😁

• Haha 1

Jabba, I expect the U to go all in on Martinez. The Ohio State guy is good on paper but has close to no playing experience for tOSU. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Mari(O) misses Eugene?

FANSIDED.COM

Mario Cristobal is getting paid how much?! While he had great success previously leading Oregon, it has gone to hell in a hand basket for him in Coral Gables fa

On 4/19/2024 at 8:13 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I wonder if Mari(O) misses Eugene?

It doesn't matter one way or the other.

No Returns!

All Sales Are Final!

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/19/2024 at 8:33 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

It doesn't matter one way or the other.

No Returns!

All Sales Are Final!