FishDuck Article

Five Biggest Challengers to Oregon Football Winning the Big Ten in 2024

Coming off a 12-2 campaign in 2023, the Oregon Ducks have high hopes for the 2024 season despite the program making a move to the Big Ten. As a team with College Football Playoff aspirations, the Ducks also have hopes to win the Big Ten during their first season in their new home. Of course, with the Big Ten being ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Coming off a 12-2 campaign in 2023, the Oregon Ducks have high hopes for the 2024 season despite the program making a move to the Big Ten. As a team with…

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

My FishDuck Friends, the contributed article above I would call Jon Joseph-Light, as it gives us good overview, but not the depth that our fellow OBD member provides this community.  I appreciate your patience with it, as it is a "money" article that contains the usual gambling link that helps to pay the bills.

I will not be doing very many of these in the future due to time constraints, but when an easy one comes through--gotta take it to pay the damn tech bills piling up.  I hope you enjoy the usual pictures, as the top one and last one are from the 2003 game with Michigan at Autzen from John Giustina, the official UO Photographer at the time.  He has been generous sharing photos from 20 years ago with us, and some are epic.

Great color and memories!

Michigan-2003_JG_FP.jpg

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

That picture is freaking awesome.

• Thanks 1

And the picture of CK is hilarious!

The “O” on his hat is the wrong color. 😉

I still think the referees missed the call on Kellen Clemens' keeper on the opening drive, in which Oregon settled for a botched FG attempt... Having Meatchicken return the ball for a TD just added salt to the wound.

BTW, I had seats straight down the goal line... My son nearly had a seizure when they called it down.

Number 6, or perhaps number 1, the schedule. 

Ohio State has the 57th most difficult 2024 schedule; Oregon's schedule is ranked the 11th most difficult. Before the champ game in Indianapolis on 12/2, the Ducks have no control over the outcome of SC's and Penn State's record. Penn State misses Michigan and like Oregon, plays Ohio State at home. SC misses Ohio State and Oregon and plays Penn State and Wisconsin in LA. 

Great take and I am glad to see that you included SC in the mix. I do not believe Iowa is a true contender but the Hawkeyes and Wisconsin have approximately the same odds to win the Big Ten in 2024.