FishDuck Article

How the 2024 Oregon Offense Will ROCK

Oregon fans cannot help but be curious as to whether the 2024 Oregon Offense under offensive coordinator Will Stein, could feature more points per game than last year’s No. 2 national ranking at over 44 points per game–while being in the B1G? Something to watch for is the development of plays that are variations off the basic Oregon plays the ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Oregon fans cannot help but be curious as to whether the 2024 Oregon Offense under offensive coordinator Will Stein, could feature more...

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

It is good for me to be writing again, and in particular, doing an analysis article again.  Lots more in there than just analysis, since former DC Nick Aliotti gave us some hints as to what to look for this next season.

More of these coming this summer!

Will Stein2_Screenshot from ESPN Video.jpg

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks Charles, I love these types of plays! Taking advantage of the defensive players and what they are taught to "read" and "key" on.

I agree Will Stein's offense is brilliant.

I like your reference to the Mari no O, "This is not a “pounding the A-Gap strategy,” as instead we saw three components are weaved into one play".

• Thanks 1

Not just a well designed play but a plus athlete carrying the ball. 

A less quick athlete would have be tackled early on and he is considered a tight end! 

Good coaching and good players are hard to beat!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/28/2024 at 7:59 AM, Duckman60 said:

Not just a well designed play but a plus athlete carrying the ball.

He was the best player in Idaho when recruited, and the coaches made a very big deal about it.  Since then--Will Stein has mentioned often how he creates difficult matchups for defenders; Sadiq can block the smaller, faster defensive backs who can cover him on pass patterns, but Sadiq can burn linebackers on pass routes when they are assigned to him to stuff the run-blocking.

He is quite the hybrid-player, and I expect do see more plays with him.

Oregon Tight Ends Ducks have talent, but could use more depth in 2024

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great analysis and we will ROCK, but maybe paper, or scissors. You raise a great point on looking for patterns and signals while trying to figure out what Stein will call.

Much like the game of rock, paper, scissors Stein is playing a game where our patterns are just there to set you up to fail. The explosive plays happen when you think you know, maybe make a sudden bad choice, and the rock goes the other direction. 

As the summer heats up, the juices for Oregon Football start flowing in earnest. Thanks for feeding the furnace with some awesome fuel.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Terrific article. Thank you. 

B1G coaches have B1G things to say about the Ducks.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-for-2024

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/28/2024 at 10:09 AM, Jon Joseph said:

B1G coaches have B1G things to say about the Ducks.

Yeah, Baby!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great article Charles!  I think it's safe to say we'll continue to see high-level offensive scheme design from Will Stein, that guy is a wunderkind of sorts.

My only concerns about the offense are based on personnel:

- How long it'll take before Dillon Gabriel settles in and gets comfortable with the offense?  When Bo first came in, it probably took him several weeks of actual game play before we saw him really hit his stride with the offense.  I expect about the same with DG.  Thankfully the first 6 weeks of the upcoming season are a good time for him to figure things out before tOSU comes to town.

- How will Pancho Laloulu perform as starting center?  He did well in the Fiesta Bowl, however it was against Liberty so I take that with a grain of salt.  Being a true sophomore who's stepping into the starting role after JPJ is a tall task for anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Stewart Mandel of The Athletic is buying stock in Oregon. Get on board at +1000 to win the 2024-25 Natty. 5th best odds to win it all. 

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

What does the language of the House settlement really mean?

• Wow 1

I really believe the combination of all this experience on offense will be frightful for opponents.  Think of how good and experienced Gabriel is, and Stewart, Tez, Ferguson, Cornelius, Connerly....I have some other observations from the Spring Game to share later, but this offense could be in same strata as the 2010 offense, or the 2014 offense, IMHO.

Lanning and Stein_Screenshot from Fox Sports Video - Copy.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck