Mudslide

Finding Hidden Gems in Horse Racing History

FISHDUCK.COM

Horse racing, often referred to as the “Sport of Kings,” is steeped in rich traditions and captivating stories that span centuries. While many are familiar with…

I am surprised to see an article at FishDuck on horse racing.  Surprised and delighted.  I realize that there likely are certain sponsorship reasons for the piece.  But still, I was delighted.  OregonReigns  did a lovely job at presenting information.  Thank you, sir.

I take only a minor exception to the article.  While Secretariat was a great horse, he won the Belmont Stakes (by the mentioned 31 lengths), he did so while running against a batch of allowance grade instead of legitimate stakes/derby quality horses.  (The latter mostly retreated from competing with Secretariat.)  That particular race fomented in me a desire to understand equine racing.  I spent many years on the hard seats of racetracks, concluding with a book written 15 years ago.  All thanks to the beautiful horse, Secretariat.

Again, fine job, OR.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yep, that is a paid article that I purposely did not have posted here.  It is one method of paying the bills at both sites, the allowance of an occasional submitted article like that one, or a sentence in an article where both examples contain a link to a gambling site.  

Companies do this for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) purposes; by being linked on FishDuck, it helps their Google ranking, and thus they are more likely to be found on the web.  So they pay me a fee to have these articles, and while I wish I did not have to deal with it--you gotta pay the bills.

I am glad you liked it!

Some of the locations that I've done business with around the world...

Tallinn, Estonia  

Tallinn, Estonia | Definitive Guide for Senior Travellers - Odyssey  Traveller

Hong Kong

Top spots to enjoy Hong Kong's night views | Hong Kong Tourism Board

Port Louis, Mauritius  (A small island off the East African Coast)

Caudan Waterfront - Wikipedia

Red Hill, Australia

Red Hill Lookout Hike Flinders Ranges National Park Trails

And of course London and a ton of other locations around the world.  I get these contact emails in the middle of the night (the next day for them) and answer them in the morning each day.  I am learning my geography!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Red Hill, Australia. It's closing in on winter Down Under. When do the ski lifts in Red Hill open? 😊

Interesting bit of horse racing history I ran across yesterday.

1923, a jockey riding his horse in a race with parimutuel betting, suffered a fatal heart attack halfway through the race. He stayed mounted and won the race! I'd say that was a heart-stopping win.😍

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1