Fall Weddings: How Do YOU Handle It?

Wrong.  The Ohio State game IS a life event, just as

the Michigan game in 2003 was, just as "The Pick"

was to me.

Michigan 2003 JG_FP.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Well, the wife being in the wedding makes it difficult to skip out. When the daughter of a friend got married on the day the Ducks played USC a few years ago, we did not attend. It was up in Portland, and on a boat in October, so I would have been reluctant to go anyway, so the decision was not difficult.

• Applause 1

I admit that a nephew had a wedding celebration-reception on a home gameday....and we sent a gift and begged off.

And they knew that on a Oregon
GameDay...I was kinda crazy.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

One of my closest friends got married last year during Oregon v Colorado. Thankfully that game was a blowout and I could just check the score happily between pauses. 

The wedding was very small. Like 15 people small... So I did my best to look sane during a Duck game I wasn't actively watching.

Told my fiancé I loved her too much to wait until September.

In reality I worked backward from the date I knew we would be home from our honeymoon to arrive at an early August wedding.

That was over 40 years ago, and I would do the same today.

As to the initial question, if you don't have a formal role in the wedding despite your wife's participation, why is it even a question?  Just tell her to enjoy herself because she probably wouldn't spend much time with you anyway.

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2024 at 4:02 PM, HDuck said:

Told my fiancé I loved her too much to wait until September.

In reality I worked backward from the date I knew we would be home from our honeymoon to arrive at an early August wedding.

That was over 40 years ago, and I would do the same today.

As to the initial question, if you don't have a formal role in the wedding despite your wife's participation, why is it even a question?  Just tell her to enjoy herself because she probably wouldn't spend much time with you anyway.

I told my wife that we can't do a fall wedding. She initially thought it was because I'm a high school teacher and that would be too stressful. 

I said it was because I'd be losing my mind if I had to miss a Duck game and if the Ducks lost it would forever taint the day. 

• Applause 1