Charles Fischer

Something Very Peculiar with Oregon Recruiting...

The Ducks may get a QUAAACK from one of the best running backs in the nation today, and something surrounds him that I have not seen before. Rivals is known to have tougher grading for awarding the stars and ranking, thus it is common that when the media reports a player as a 5-Star, that means it is true on 247 Sports, but not Rivals.  Usually he is a 4-Star on Rivals, but on occasion will match the 247 ranking.

But this RB Jordon Davison, is a 4-Star on ESPN, On3, and 247, yet is a 5-Star on Rivals? I cannot ever recall seeing a player given a 5-Star rating at Rivals that was not true with the other rating services.  You can check the star comparison right here, and be amazed as I have been.

This is very rare, and whoever he announces to--is getting a superb talent.

• Wow 2

Mr. FishDuck

It will be interesting to watch going forward. 

All the recruiting services update recruit rankings at different times. It will be interesting to see if he stays a five star with rivals and then gets a fifth star with 247. 

It states that he played injured his junior year. That may have knocked him down a bit based upon total yards compared to others. If he comes back strong this year he probably will get upgraded.

Kind of like how Herbert was overlooked by everybody because of his injury. His 3* status turned out to be a 5* where it matters most.

As an aside, I would have loved to see Herbert play under Will Steins offense with our current receivers that would actually catch his ball. 

• Thumbs Up 2