Steven A

Four (Now 5) Duck Coaches Make List of Top 14 Recruiters in the BIG

247SPORTS.COM

Four of Oregon's assistant coaches are right at the top of the Big 10's recruiter leaderboard as the month of July kicks off

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Add another one...

247SPORTS.COM

After landing Alai Kalaniuvalu on Wednesday, Oregon O-Line coach A'lique Terry ranks 14th in the Big 10 recruiter rankings and 36th nationally.

• Applause 1

Is Uncle Phil in the rankings?

On 7/11/2024 at 12:11 PM, Just Ducky said:

Is Uncle Phil in the rankings?

I just had a conversation with a Beaver fan...and addressed the "Oregon is buying recruits" assertion.

It only takes five seconds to realize that...if Oregon only did it with money, then why didn't we get EVERY 5-Star recruit over the last three years that NIL has been legal?  I asked him if he could answer that...and of course he could not.

Dakorien Moore's mother was interviewed by Texas media, and she admitted to the press that "Oregon was not the highest NIL offer; it was close, but it was less." The information that has been coming from the pay-sites (who have inside access) over the last three years is that Oregon will almost never be the highest NIL offer, as the Ducks sell the total package to the recruit.  Even then, we miss more than we acquire.

It also only takes five seconds for someone to ask and figure out the answer to the question...."why is Oregon recruiting so well? Oregon has had money, brand, glitz for years....why now?"  Well, let's see...what is different over the past?  Could it be DAN LANNING and his staff?  I had never heard of the new running back coach Ra'Shad Samples before, and he is instrumental in the recruitment of both recent 5-Star recruits--and he has only been in Eugene a few months?

This is incredible hiring by Lanning, as he and the staff ARE the difference from before.  

I do not care for implications that Oregon buys recruits when it only takes five seconds to think it through, and understand how that is not true.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Uncle Phil is in the rankings of Billionaires. Not bad for a Shoe Dog and a graduate of a university without the academic prowess of the Other School Up North.