Jon Joseph

2024 Playoff - We're No. 6!

At least according to 'Saturdays' writer Connor O'Gara who 'promises' to come up with A Perfect Projection of the 2024 Playoff field and seeding.

According to Connor, the 6th seed would have Oregon playing the 11-seed Utah in the first round which would probably be played on Friday, December 20, 2024, the first game of the 12-team playoff contested as was the case on January 1, 2015, when Oregon behind Heisman winner Marcus Mariota kicked off the 4-team playoff with a 59-20 beat down of Jameis, Jimbo, and a whole tribe of disappointed Seminoles. 

WWW.SATURDAYDOWNSOUTH.COM

The Ducks have a unique path to the Playoff, but it certainly exists.

I'm holding out for the B1G No. 1 seed.

I believe that Our Beloved Ducks will be a No. 2 Seed...

giphy.gif

• Let’s hope! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ummm if Utah comes in with an at large bid from the Big 12 then who is the Big 12 champion? 

Kansas State probably... 

I find a second Big 12 team will be hard to get in. 

Edited by David Marsh
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

DM, I agree with you. I'm surprised that O'Gara has the B12 with 2 teams in. K State makes sense; however, Utah plays OK State in Stillwater a very tough place to play and the Cowboys return almost all of their starters on O and D with Ollie by Golly (currently sidelined by a DUI) to run the ball and a QB in his 6th season of college ball. 

The SOS for the B12 top to bottom is B-A-D, bad. Not a Blue Chip roster in the bunch. I see the B12 as 2024's Cannibal Conference. I'm not certain that any B12 team including the champ comes through the season with fewer than 3 losses.

And schedule-wise, if SOS does not matter to the PO Committee, at least 5 SEC teams have a path to 10 wins and a good chance to be in.