NJDuck

College Football's Most Talented Wide Receiver Units: Oregon, Colorado, Ohio State?

Ranking the top-10 college football wide receiver corps heading into the 2024 college football season. Oregon Ducks receivers Tez Johnson and Evan Stewart, Colorado Buffaloes receiver Travis Hunter and Ohio State's Emeka Egbuka are highlighted among the nation's elite.

WWW.SI.COM

The countdown to college football kickoff is on. Let's rank the top-10 college football wide receiver corps heading into the 2024...

I keep wondering if there is a reason that Jurrion Dickey isn't being talked about that much? 

Just from what little I know about him he seems like he could be the breakout receiver for the Ducks.

On 7/6/2024 at 11:20 AM, TerryM9 said:

I keep wondering if there is a reason that Jurrion Dickey isn't being talked about that much? 

Just from what little I know about him he seems like he could be the breakout receiver for the Ducks.

He was working through an injury last year and played a few snaps in the bowl game and that's about it. 

I agree that I think he is going to have a major breakout year even if it's just as a rotation player.

But stories like this that take a broader look and don't necessarily know full rosters even though Dicky was a big name. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The thought occurred to me that we could possibly have at least three five star receivers on the field for 2025/2026...likely some combination of Dickey, Dallas Wilson, Gaitlin Bair, and Dakorian Moore.

That just blows my mind.

• Wow 1
  • Great post! 1

On 7/6/2024 at 12:00 PM, kirklandduck said:

The thought occurred to me that we could possibly have at least three five star receivers on the field for 2025/2026

It’s amazing what DL and WS having the #1 offense in ‘23 can do for recruiting.

CK and MH could never translate their offensive genius into recruiting success.

Most productive is what I want to read about after the season. Seems like we have gotten a lot out of our receivers in the past, but most talented was never a preseason promo.

Nice to read about talent, but now let's read about the assembling of the most productive group of receivers in the BIG! 

• Applause 1

On 7/6/2024 at 11:20 AM, TerryM9 said:

Dickey may not live up to the hype. Before the spring game interception he completely misjudged the trajectory of the football. That's not something 5 stars do. He had a great excuse regarding the injury, but he was whole in the bowl game and spring game and was ineffective. I don't think he ever starts for us. Same with that other fast and tall dude that never connects on a pass.

On 7/7/2024 at 8:05 AM, Solar said:

Dickey may not live up to the hype. Before the spring game interception he completely misjudged the trajectory of the football. That's not something 5 stars do. He had a great excuse regarding the injury, but he was whole in the bowl game and spring game and was ineffective. I don't think he ever starts for us. Same with that other fast and tall dude that never connects on a pass.

He hasn't had much of a chance to show what he can do so far, so concluding his career after a couple of small spots of playing time would seem to be jumping the gun to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/7/2024 at 12:43 PM, kirklandduck said:

He hasn't had much of a chance to show what he can do so far, so concluding his career after a couple of small spots of playing time would seem to be jumping the gun to me.

We'll see, but keep in mind how high of a bar it is to start at WR for the Ducks going forward. If you aren't at least borderline elite you'll be leapfrogged by a portal transfer of one of the best in the country and won't start.

Justius Lowe is arguably a better WR than his dad was given his physical abilities, but I don't know if he will ever start either.