cartm25

tosu Picked to Win the B1G in 2024

There’s no way the Ducks could win, right?

WWW.DISPATCH.COM

The Ohio State Buckeyes fell to the Oregon Ducks during their home opener, their first loss at Ohio...

• Thanks 1

tosu is too strong, right?

IMG_2671.webp

tosu players are just too strong, right?

IMG_2672.webp

Posted (edited)

The “finesse” Ducks can’t match the physicality of tosu, right?

IMG_2673.webp

Edited by cartm25

There was no chance for the Ducks in the big, stinky shoe, but no way the Ducks can do it again in the friendly confines of Autzen, right?

IMG_2674.webp

Ohio State has an incredible defense, so this is going to be quite the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon's defense should be even better this year than last year. 

In terms of playmakers on offense I'd say both teams are even. They have some big time playmakers but so do we. 

Where I think this comes down to here is quarterback. Both teams have QBs who transfered from the Big 12. Will Howard is their likely starting quarterback. 

But I think Gabriel is the better quarterback here for the Ducks. I've even heard on a pay site forum recently that the competition at Oregon might be a whole lot closer between Gabriel and Moore than we think! 

I think Oregon will have the better QB play and that'll be the deciding factor in this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Two stacked teams with OBD most likely having the edge at QB and playing at home, large factors…if they want to make us the underdog, I say, yes please.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

It's a pretty close match on paper, close enough that it is reasonable the game at Autzen is a tossup. But if we have to play OSU 3 times this year they should beat us more than not. A lot is TBD though with the change of QBs and Kelly as OC.

Lanning's teams have typically made excellent improvements early in the season so playing OSU at the point in the season we do and having home gives us our best shot to win.

Posted (edited)

DM, I agree with you on Gabe over Howard. The Ohio State D was elite in 2023 and with Caleb Downs coming over from Bama, could be better in 2024 IF the LBs produce. LB is where the Buckeyes lost veteran production. Like Michigan in 2023, almost all draft eligible three year players at Ohio State return in 2024, 

Without McCord at QB, the tOSU O was lost in the Cotton Bowl. But the D with no help from the other side of the ball shut down the Missouri offense like no team in the SEC had done in the regular season. I expect Ohio State to come into Autzen with a bad attitude and intent on running the ball. The Oregon DL wilted in the 4th Q vs UW in the champ game. I hope we will not see the same on 10/12. As Charles expressed, 'quite a game.' With tOSU a -1.5 favorite the books see it the same.

I do want to give some love to Columbus, Ohio. Fort Worth is a cow town, not Columbus. Cleveland is also much nicer than it once was, especially since they put out the Cuyahoga River Fire in 1969 😍.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Go Ducks! 1

On 7/12/2024 at 9:55 AM, Jon Joseph said:

DM, I agree with you on Gabe over Howard. The Ohio State D was elite in 2023 and with Caleb Downs coming over from Bama, could be better in 2024 IF the LBs produce. LB is where the Buckeyes lost veteran production. Like Michigan in 2023, almost all draft eligible three year players at Ohio State return in 2024, 

Without McCord at QB, the tOSU O was lost in the Cotton Bowl. But the D with no help from the other side of the ball shut down the Missouri offense like no team in the SEC had done in the regular season. I expect Ohio State to come into Autzen with a bad attitude and intent on running the ball. The Oregon DL wilted in the 4th Q vs UW in the champ game. I hope we will not see the same on 10/12. As Charles expressed, 'quite a game.' With tOSU a -1.5 favorite the books see it the same.

I do want to give some love to Columbus, Ohio. Fort Worth is a cow town, not Columbus. Cleveland is also much nicer than it once was, especially since they put out the Cuyahoga River Fire in 1969 😍.

I wasn’t going to nitpick since your post was on 🔥 

But Columbus population is north of 1M. That being said, I think Tucson metro is also north of 1M, but it still feels like a cowtown. 😝