Charles Fischer

Rob Mullens: "We Did Everything We Could" to Save the Pac-12...

This article was posted in another thread, but I think it deserves its own thread.  Read it, and see if you agree with the reasoning?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone who says Oregon did it for money and cared more about being a national — or global — brand than it did than scabbing together a diminished version of the Pac-12, well, yeah.

“Particularly given that 85% of our student-athletes are out of state, our brand is extremely, extremely important,” Mullens said.

“What are we going to do strategically to allow ourselves to compete with a 58,000-seat stadium against teams who have 102,000? You can do the simple math on that.

“So we have to spend considerable time thinking strategically.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Mullens believes Oregon "did everything we could" to save Pac-12, saying, "It wasn't possible."

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 2

Mr. FishDuck

Beavis...I would not expect you to understand...

giphy.gif

Right. You got bigger problems this fall...

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/22/2024 at 6:41 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Beavis...I would not expect you to understand...

giphy.gif

Right. You got bigger problems this fall...

Beavis is like the character in Dumb and Dumber. Can't read the room, but hey "You're saying there's a chance!!"

Meanwhile the bus of bathing beauties just passed them by again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beavis has always had the "poor me" mentality instead of investing in the future...

OBD benefits from PK but Autzen has been selling out for decades. How many times has Reser sold out? Their fans won't even invest their time or money.

HMMMMMMMM. Will Rob attend the game in Corvallis? If so, Rob better stop by an Army-Navy store and buy a helmet and flak jacket. 

I believe copies of his statement and his effigy are going up in smoke somewhere in Corvallis.

On 7/23/2024 at 11:20 AM, criticalduck said:

Beavis has always had the "poor me" mentality instead of investing in the future...

OBD benefits from PK but Autzen has been selling out for decades. How many times has Reser sold out? Their fans won't even invest their time or money.

If it walks like a Beaver and talks like a Beaver ...

When you have a G5 budget and play in a G5 stadium, get your Beaver bottom to the G5. (But not before you spend the pilfered $.)

Rob, I'm not certain that 'strategic thinking' should result in canceling a home game vs a P4 opponent and handing the Beavers the most-watched game Bevis will play this season. I doubt the PO Committee will consider this being 'strategic.'

Here's a bit of strategy for you to consider. Forget about the buses and take Armored Personnel Carriers to Corvallis. 

😒😒😒😒