Steven A

Twelve Ducks That Could Become Household Names This Year

Impressive list with two freshmen and three transfers (Peyton Woodyard being both) making the cut. 

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A look at some of the players who have the biggest potential to become household names for the Oregon Ducks in the 2024 season.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Our 2nd tier players could easily be a top 25 team if we got solid play from one of our backup QB’s. The talent we have that will be standing on the sidelines any given play is unprecedented. 

• Applause 2

On 7/24/2024 at 9:49 AM, Drake said:

Our 2nd tier players could easily be a top 25 team if we got solid play from one of our backup QB’s. The talent we have that will be standing on the sidelines any given play is unprecedented. 

Very similar to Michigan last year. The depth is crucial in todays CFB world especially with 17+games on the year. Those early season blowouts are now even more important to get as many reps as possible for 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Next man up mentality only works when the next man up is as talented as the 1st stringer. Coach Lanning knows that and has built this roster to be ready for whatever is thrown at them! 

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't argue with this list, I think it is pretty good.

I'm wondering about Pleasant possibly being one of those guys as a DB over one of the transfers/JCs but we'll see.

It hadn't dawned on me that Payton Woodyard is actually a 2024 recruit, not a 2023 recruit, so he's a 100% true freshman without a spring camp at this point. We'll have to see if he is able to live up to his ratings in time.

On 7/24/2024 at 11:14 AM, Solar said:

I'm wondering about Pleasant possibly being one of those guys as a DB over one of the transfers/JCs but we'll see.

I'd be a bit surprised if Pleasant doesn't breakout. 

In the USC game last season Bridges was in as Florence was injured. The coaches pulled Bridges down the stretch and replaced him with Pleasant to cover Brenden Rice and it worked! 

It wasn't perfect coverage but it was tight enough to keep the windows too narrow for Williams to make those passes under distress. Which is a tall order as Williams makes those passes all day. 

Found my forum post on Pleasent.