Steven A

It's Official, We're in the BIG

Of the 5 things to know, definitely skip No. 2

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Ducks became official members of the Big Ten conference on Friday.

Who cares about the Beavs?

• Applause 1

It's getting B1GGER (and BETTER) all the time. 😍

Putting a stamp on it being B1GGER.

https://athlonsports.com/college/ducks-digest/big-ten-officially-welcomes-oregon-usc-ucla-and-washington-but-whats-next

A 64-team Super Conference? Too B1G by at least 22 teams. Why can't folks who cover CFB understand that it's the media that pays the bills and media is not going to pay for teams that don't draw a significant number of eyeballs?

The author believes Oregon should play Stanford and Cal every season based on nostalgia and not the bottom line.

Get - A - Grip. 

This is a VERY cool two-minute video introducing Oregon to the B1G...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Interesting responses by athletes in the B1G when asked what they think of when they think of Oregon...

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Cool!  The new B1G map video (30 seconds) with Oregon in it!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

Wow.  A video of all the B1G stadiums!

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

Welcome Aboard 😍. The B1G 'Saturday Site,' Saturday Tradition's Derek Petersen, has the Ducks flying over the Buckeyes in the regular season and in the conference champ game.

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Picking conference champions from each of the top 4 leagues entering the 2024 season.

This is a duplicate post, but it's so nice I wanted to play it twice. 😁

Man it's just a refreshing feeling being in a real conference with ambitions as big as the inflatable Duck. People are complaining about the B1G being too aggressive, not respecting history, and betraying their old partner conference in the PAC.

This kind of thinking also leads pundits to criticize Oregon for being too brash, and ending the historical partnership with Oregon State.

Life isn't about forcing equality by not going all out in realizing your dreams. If that were the case we would have never evolved past the dark ages.

They say green represents jealousy, but I think brown represents it more accurately. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/2/2024 at 9:15 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Cool!  The new B1G map video (30 seconds) with Oregon in it!

I still get weirded out by the geography of it.  In the back of my mind though I can see a world where Stanford and Cal get tired of flying to ACC schools after a few years and ask to join the B1G.

On 8/2/2024 at 11:22 AM, kirklandduck said:

I can see a world where Stanford and Cal get tired of flying to ACC schools after a few years and ask to join the B1G.

The only reason that the B1G invited Oregon and Washington, is because Fox threw in more money to get our brand and the Seattle market. Thus all teams in the B1G each got more money for us joining, hence the invitation.

Unless Fox gives the conference more money to invite Cal/Furd, they will not be invited, IMHO. Adding them would actually be dilutive to the other B1G members because their audience numbers do not move the needle.

I wanted to see them join the B1G, as I thought academically--they are an ideal matchup and we could then have a west coast pod of six teams which would reduce travel.  But alas...our attorney friend Jon Joseph politely brought these points to my attention, and they make sense.  

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck