jrw

An Example of Why NIL Can Be a Good Thing

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks RB Jay Harris arrives in Eugene fresh from the D2 level, but his path to Eugene was far more arduous than you...

• Applause 1
  • Like 2

What a great read and gives a little more insight to this mostly unknown transfer. It is hard not to root for this kid and really looking forward to seeing him run over some people this season. He is a very different RB compared to Jordan and Noah. Will be a nice 3 headed monster once he gets caught up on what D1 football is like. 

During his media day interview he kept mentioning Derick Henry as the player he looks up to... Hoping he becomes the next Derick Henry! 

He is going to be a sneaky good receiver out of the backfield, as he will command attention as a power running back and then after a ball fake turns upfield?  He looked like a WR on the Spring Game TD, but they also sent him on a wheel route earlier in the game.

A new weapon...

Jay Harris - 2023 - Football - Northwest Missouri State Athletics

Mr. FishDuck

His why is unlike most and what drives quite a few to the elite level. Sometimes you need that extra inspiration to reach the top.

I loved Mike Tyson's quote about his kids wanting to box. He said you are not going to be boxers. You box because you have to, because you need to in order to get ahead, survive. 

Sometimes in order to become great at these warrior positions you have to have that extra edge, a different why. Great article on the background of a young man who has a why that is completely different than mine. 

I'll be rooting for this guy. While I can't relate to his background, I have extreme respect for his journey.

• Applause 1