OregonDucks

What Oregon Fans Can Expect From Dillion Gabriel (Film Breakdown) | Jordan Palmer

Oregon should not see much of a drop off from the #1 offense in college football last season with Dillon Gabriel running the show. That's why you pay the big bucks for an experienced QB (vs. a high school 5 star). 

I re-watched the final drive of the Oklahoma vs. Texas game from last season.  Dillon Gabriel has ice water running in his veins. He's a baller and could be the difference this year in those big games.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice film examples....love it!

Mr. FishDuck

I think a lot of Duck fans have not yet quite bought the hype that national pundits have been giving us because they actually watched the Spring Game, and Dillon Gabriel did not stand out as some extraordinary quarterback. So, we have zero evidence that he's gelling with the team. 

That being said, if you just go by the talent you see on his career tape there should be no cause for concern. Again, it's just quite unfortunate that the team has not showed him doing anything in a scrimmage. 

As far as expectations go, based on his career and him being one year older and more experienced, I am expecting him to be invited to the Heisman Trophy Ceremony and to lead Oregon the the Playoffs. Anything less than getting us to the Playoffs would absolutely be a failure, in my opinion. 

Edited by 2002duck

On 8/30/2024 at 9:40 PM, 2002duck said:

I think a lot of Duck fans have not yet quite bought the hype that national pundits have been giving us because they actually watched the Spring Game, and Dillon Gabriel did not stand out as some extraordinary quarterback. So, we have zero evidence that he's gelling with the team. 

That being said, if you just go by the talent you see on his career tape there should be no cause for concern. Again, it's just quite unfortunate that the team has not showed him doing anything in a scrimmage. 

I would encourage those Duck fans to go watch some of the Oklahoma games last season, when Dillon Gabriel (DG) was healthy. DG was a Heisman contender until he got injured and beat Texas with a game winning TD drive, with less than 2 minutes remaining and no timeouts.

• 14,865 career passing yards

• 151 total career TDs (125 passing)

• 26 total career interceptions (never more than 7 in a season)

• 159.8 career QB rating (172 last year)

That is what the national pundits are looking at…not a scrimmage a couple of weeks after DG got the playbook and landed in Eugene.  

DG is a phenomenal college QB and I’m sure our coaches were relieved to have someone of his caliber and experience leading our offense this season.  

I can’t wait to see DG in those B1G games this season. Dude is a balla and I’m glad that he is on our side.  

• Thumbs Up 1