30Duck

Who is the Best in the BIG?

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

Two weeks into the college football season, the Big Ten is already stirring up some chaos and leaving fans’ fantasy predictions in...

The article talks about Oregon and Michigan getting off to shaky starts and Ohio State deserving the pole position. However, while it's unpleasant, it's only the pre-season position USC was in that's keeping the Trojans out of the top 5 in the polls now and being recognized as the team to beat in the BIG.

Saturday Tradition Points Out Why The Win Over Boise Should Not have Been So Close.

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Let's break down some of the key narratives that have surfaced around college football after a memorable Week 2 slate.

Puddles, stop shooting yourself in your webbed foot! 

I'd probably go with Ohio State currently. 

USC has made some incredible improvements and has looked good. But their best win is over LSU which looks mediocre so far. We'll see how real they are later. 

For the record I do believe USC is ahead of Oregon... we have looked mediocre at best so far and that feels like a stretch. 

We're heavily benefitting from our #3 pre-season ranking.  This doesn't look like a top-ten team to me (at least at to this point) and we're certainly not playing like one.  USC looks for real, granted LSU may be mediocre but they're certainly better than BSU or Idaho.

Per usual I'm cautiously optimistic, but at some point we HAVE to show improved play or it's going to be a long season.

On 9/10/2024 at 11:24 AM, David Marsh said:

I'd probably go with Ohio State currently. 

USC has made some incredible improvements and has looked good. But their best win is over LSU which looks mediocre so far. We'll see how real they are later. 

Ohio State is probably very good, though if the rankings are actually based on what the team has done so far, USC's win over "mediocre" LSU shows more than Ohio State's clear the bench games against the Akron Zips, 52-6 and Western Michigan, 56-0.

On 9/10/2024 at 11:31 AM, noDucknewby said:

USC looks for real, granted LSU may be mediocre but they're certainly better than BSU or Idaho.

No, it isn't the least bit certain that LSU is better than Boise State. LSU just got beat up by the Nicholls Colonels in the trenches.  The Nicholls running back, who isn't even in the same universe as the Boise State running back, ran for 145 yards on a 5.8 ypc average.  LSU as a team rushed for 68 yards with 3.2 ypc. Boise State would have an excellent shot at beating LSU on a neutral field.

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Captain Obvious, here,

"No Rankings are valid until after four games" Not BIG, but Rankings related, watch out for Cal. They have a game next week at home against San Diego State, then at Florida State. A bye, then it should be Cal hosting Miami in a battle of undefefeateds.

image.jpeg

Edited by 30Duck

On 9/10/2024 at 5:05 PM, ElPatoUO said:

No, it isn't the least bit certain that LSU is better than Boise State. LSU just got beat up by the Nicholls Colonels in the trenches.  The Nicholls running back, who isn't even in the same universe as the Boise State running back, ran for 145 yards on a 5.8 ypc average.  LSU as a team rushed for 68 yards with 3.2 ypc. Boise State would have an excellent shot at beating LSU on a neutral field.

Point taken "certainly" may be somewhat overstated but in a matchup who are you going to bet your house on? I'll take LSU.