HDuck

Some Of The Beavers Stats

Of their 150 offensive plays this season, the Beavers have run the ball 109 times. Only Army (114), Central Florida (111) and UNLV (111) have more rushing plays than OSU.

UCF and Army are the only FBS teams to produce more first downs rushing than Oregon State’s 38.

The Beavers are the country’s biggest ball hogs. OSU’s average time of possession is 39 minutes, 18 seconds, tops among FBS schools.

Oregon State has thrown 41 passes, all but five by starting quarterback Gevani McCoy. The fourth-year junior is 25 of 36 for 295 yards and two touchdowns. McCoy has shown a strong, accurate arm, as the two deep balls (40+ yards) he’s thrown have hit the receiver in the hands. McCoy has only been sacked once.

Passing:  28 of 41, 331 yds

Rushing:  109, 599 yds net

Average 3rd Down Distance - Offense (least Yards to Go) 

1 Rutgers 3.6 

2 Northern Illinois 4.2 

3 Oregon State 4.8

3rd down conversions:  16 of 30

6 rushing TDs, 2 passing TDs, 59 pts including 1 FG

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like OBD will have to be efficient when they have the ball. I have bad memories of the Beavers taking over a game with nothing but run after run after run. There has always been an ethos to this game; OBD are high tech, state of the art, Beavs are old school, lunch pail, and the difference has never been starker. 

Today's Oregonian

The Beavers can only dink and doink their way to so many wins, but, so far, the dinking and doinking has been successful.  “I’ve got to be smart,” Gunderson said. “My loyalty is to the team. And what’s most important to the team is winning. It’s not numbers or stats. So you’ve got to kind of feel how the game’s played and go with it.”

“It definitely gets me pretty stoked,” running back Hankerson said of Jeanty’s (Boise State) outing. “It kind of gets me pumped just to see that. We’re definitely going to be running the ball a lot, obviously, that’s the key to our offense. If we come out, play our brand of football, we leave victorious and Reser goes wild.”

Thanks, H.

FCS Top 25 - Idaho No. 5 - Idaho State Not Ranked.

CBS Sports Ranking 1-134 - Boise State 27 - San Diego State 98

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2024 at 9:00 AM, Jon Joseph said:

CBS Sports Ranking 1-134 - Boise State 27 - San Diego State 98

Of course, that 98 was AFTER the Beavers shut them out 21-0.

I watched the game and the Beavers played very well on both sides of the ball. SDS is definitely not where they have been historically, hence, the new head coach. SDS will be back. They were a hair and a whisker away from joining the PAC-12.  They still might. They are down right now and the Beavers took advantage.

• Applause 1

OBD's D will stop Beav's run game and get the ball back to our O plenty.   It's going to be up to our O-line and O to take control.  If they can do that, we should easily cover.   If not, it will be another long shaky game.

• Thumbs Up 1