NJDuck

Oregon Ducks Football Missing the 'Same Fight' as Last Year?

I firmly believe this will change.

🤔 Agree or disagree?

The famed analyst and football commentator revealed his thoughts on the Oregon Ducks Football team after declaring he thought the Ducks would win it all before the season started.

“I think, Tone, they definitely have enough time to get it right,” Herbstreit said. “I don’t know… Bo Nix meant so much to that team. You can never underestimate what a great leader can mean to a football teams’ focus and there’s been so much preseason hype with Oregon.”

WWW.SI.COM

During the offseason, the hype for the Oregon Ducks Football team was through the roof. Many professionals in the sports media...

Kirk Herbstreit encourages Oregon to ignore national attention: 'Get focused on work'

WWW.ON3.COM

During an appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show," Kirk Herbstreit explained why Oregon can't allow outside noise to distract it.

Oregon Ducks In Trouble? College Football Analyst Joel Klatt Thinks So

Oregon Ducks fans aren’t the only ones concerned about the Ducks' lackluster start to the 2024 season. National analysts are expressing their concerns about the first-year Big Ten team.

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon Ducks are off to a rocky start in the 2024 season. The Ducks were highly thought of across all of college football, ranked...

Can Oregon Ducks RESPOND vs Oregon State? | What Dillon Gabriel NEEDS To Do To Get Offense Rolling.

I don't think the Ducks have lost their fight... 

I think the Boise State game showed that this team cares about the outcome and will fight for it. 

I think what is lacking is execution and some leadership. This doesn't feel like a complete team but against Boise State in particular it didn't feel like they were flat, just incompetent at times. 

I think this team is motivated and they just need to turn that motivation into development. This week they should take another step forward. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention, if Boise State runs the table, that’ll be a pretty good win at the end of the season (regardless of how Oregon looked or had to win the game).

Edited by OregonDucks

I think Herbie could be on to something. Along with the subpar play, the team hasn't looked as focused, organized. Several of the penalties have been, "mental mistakes". Physicality and mentality go hand in hand on successful teams. 

One thing the great programs do is build on past success. Bama and UGA typically reloaded their talent base through recruiting and they had leaders ready to step up. They have plugged a few holes with transfers, but they didn’t try to rebuild with them. I think DL will start recruiting fewer transfers once he has built a solid foundation through recruiting.

I also hope this is the last year the Ducks sign a transfer QB as a one year fix. I’m confident they can find a great QB within their current roster (and Akili Jr.).