30Duck

"Dad, Can UCLA Beat Oregon?" "Well, Son..."

This season, UCLA's defense has held opposing offenses to 23-41 on third down. If head coach DeShaun Foster and defensive coordinator Ikaika Malloe can scheme up their defense to force stops on third down, the Bruins could be in a tight game at the Rose Bowl on Saturday and give UCLA fans something to cheer for late in the second half.

• Yikes! 1

I read that too.  If that's the only thing the kid could come up with, the little bears are in trouble...

Aren't there like 30 other UCLA statistics that also look really bad that if they just turned them around they could compete better? I'm not really getting the point there.

I think Oregon controls it's own destiny in this game. If we show up and play an away game in the southwest after dark we win. If we don't then we could lose or look bad winning again.

Edited by Solar

That will be a test for "Dad" and for Lanning. First B1G game, heavy favorite, on the road, in a cavernous stadium, that won't create much noise to start with and could be sparse by the 3rd quarter. The Ducks will need to provide the energy. So, this game, it's hard to call it a Must Win, but it's without a doubt, a game they, Can't Lose. 

• Wow 1

B- team that played against Beavis shows up? UKla is in for an butt whoopin! D team that showed up against Idaho? UKla will make it close.

On 9/26/2024 at 10:41 AM, 30Duck said:

This season, UCLA's defense has held opposing offenses to 23-41 on third down. If head coach DeShaun Foster and defensive coordinator Ikaika Malloe can scheme up their defense to force stops on third down, the Bruins could be in a tight game at the Rose Bowl on Saturday and give UCLA fans something to cheer for late in the second half.

There won’t be any third downs!

Go Ducks!!!

• Thumbs Up 1