Steven A

BIG Tie Breaking Scenarios, Ducks Should be Fine

If the three undefeated teams remain that way, first three tie breakers are out.  Oregon well positions for 4 & 5.

WWW.SI.COM

The No. 1 Oregon Ducks beat the Purdue Boilermakers 35-0 on Friday night to improve their record to 4-0 in Big Ten play and 7-0...

Of course, in the real-world Indiana will not remain undefeated.  Would love to see Penn St in the CShip with us so that the Day traitors will lose their minds.

the only thing wrong with their thought process is that if all 3 teams are undefeated at the end of the year, they will all have beaten Ohio State. 

On 10/21/2024 at 12:36 PM, TerryM9 said:

the only thing wrong with their thought process is that if all 3 teams are undefeated at the end of the year, they will all have beaten Ohio State. 

Buckeye fans would meltdown, and Ryan Day would end up as a replacement candidate for Lincoln Riley. 

Just win out and we should be the highest ranked team.  Wouldn't that be worth something?

In a moment of delirium I thought it would be great if UW spoiled Indiana's GameDay by beating the Hoosiers. But then I woke up and said "NO!" I am all Indiana all the way. I'd much rather have OBD go against them, homefield though it may be, than against Ohio State again. But I think Ohio State beats Penn State and Indiana. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As good as Indiana is, I don't think they can beat Ohio State.

On 10/21/2024 at 2:35 PM, kirklandduck said:

As good as Indiana is, I don't think they can beat Ohio State.

Well that is what most of the Nation said about Oregon... 

• Applause 1

On 10/21/2024 at 2:56 PM, QuackyQuack said:

Well that is what most of the Nation said about Oregon... 

The difference being that we, as Oregon fans, knew better about the substance of OBD.  Watching Indiana videos on YouTube they certainly look impressive, particularly when compared to last season's performance.  However if you look at their schedule:

Record/Team

2-5 FIU
3-4 Western IL
2-5 UCLA
3-4 Charlotte
4-3 Maryland
3-4 Northwestern
5-2 Nebraska

Combined

22-27

Only 2 teams with winning records, one of them just barely so.  Their most impressive win is of course is Nebraska which has feasted on bad teams but lost both of their ranked games (Illinois and Indiana) and is also starting a true freshman QB who is showing both flashes of great talent and growing pains.

If Oregon somehow meets Indiana in the B10 championship I expect they'll make a real game out of it but TBH I like Oregon's chances in that scenario.  But first they need to get past Ohio State.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1