30Duck

Dan Lanning Isn't Going Anywhere

As always, there are a lot of coaches on hot seats this season, at some pretty high level schools this time. As the coach of the team he brought up to No.1 in 2 & 1/2 years, of Course Dan Lanning will be No.1 on every teams list. But just as he silenced the talk about taking the Alabama job, leaving it for DeBoer, he'll do the same thing if offered again this year.

Part of why I'm so confident about this is what I've seen in him since he's been at Oregon and I just don't see it. He's stopping Oregon from being a stepping stone job to a destination job, and he's planted his flag. Besides that, there was a topic just started about Lanning and his coaches having the No.1 recruiting class for 2026, that's thinking and working ahead. His plan is to make Oregon the No.1 team in the country for a long time. 

Dan Lanning - Football Coach - University of Oregon Athletics

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

It is incredible what he has done in just 2.5 seasons as our coach. 

It feels like...

• Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

I dare you....try, TRY to watch this without getting the wiggles...

• Salute 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

DL is the reason I'm feeling the most confident about our coach not leaving in a long time.  He's expressed both privately with the team and publicly that he's staying in Eugene until Oregon kicks him out.  Given his young age, his tenacity, motivation, and passion for the program it just leaves me feeling giddy about what the next 5 years are going to be like.

That being said, I'm sure the level of success is going to ebb and flow (12+ wins every single season isn't really a realistic expectation).  But my gut tells me that DL will always have the program functioning like a well oiled machine year after year, making it a consistent threat to the blue bloods for the foreseeable future.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/21/2024 at 5:10 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It is incredible what he has done in just 2.5 seasons as our coach. 

It feels like...

Okay... I can't believe you just pulled out Herman's Hermits. That's just awesome right there. 

"Something tells me I'm in to something good!"

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Mrs Brown had a lovely daughter"

• Applause 1