Charles Fischer

Darn. History IS on the Husky Side...

A brief update as to where the rivalry sits in terms of wins over the last 100 years, and my hope is to see that brought to even in my lifetime!

Oregon History: Despite Total Recent Dominance by Ducks, History is on the Huskies' Side by Zachary Neel of Ducks Wire

One of the greatest endings to an Oregon-Washington game ever...

P.S. You will want to tune in tomorrow to my Washington GameDay Thread article, as it will be one of the better "burn" articles you will see about the Huskies.  No prisoners...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

So basically Grampa Husky is sitting in his rocking chair, his W hat on his head, purple blanket wrapped around to keep him warm.

"Bow, cough, wheeze Down, cough, shake to Washington. Go Huskies"

Meanwhile, Mom and Dad Husky fan are telling the Pups, 

"Grampa is okay. He just gets this way when the Huskies play the Ducks,  When he was your age, even our age. the Huskies beat the Ducks ALL the time."

"But mom, 14 of the last 16, 12 in a row, Heisman Trophy. Now the Ducks win Rose Bowls, They played in the National Championship Game twice, and what about 2007?"

"Yes" the parents told their pups, tears forming in all of their eyes. "It has been a long time since this has really been a rivalry. But, but, oh, the blanket fell off Grampa, we're coming".

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

And Yale has the most college championships at 18, Princeton the third most at 15, and, surprisingly Minnesota alone at 10 with 6. If you go back far enough history is kind of irrelevant, except for those who live in the past like the dawgs. According to most records the dawgs own half a championship, and like their mascot, it smells bad.

I agree it would be nice to see the rivalry to where it should be, in Oregon's favor, but all that matters is the recent past, and most importantly this weekend, GO DUCKS!

5t3kfx.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2