nw777b

Would You Punt for a Million Dollars?

This question crossed my mind. I'm not sure exactly how much each P12 school receives per CFP game, but one site stated $9 million for the P12 conference. 

At any rate, the revenue sharing has brought up some interesting topics in the past. Such as a missed game winning field goal costing millions in lost bowl revenue.

So, if your team is out of contention and backed into a hole on fourth down very late in the game behind by 8 points, would you punt if it gave your school a chance at a million dollars by allowing the only school with a chance at making it to the CFP another win?

I'm not saying Lake did it for that reason, but there is a built in conflict of interest due to revenue sharing. 

That's a lot of money!!

On 11/7/2021 at 10:05 AM, nw777b said:

This question crossed my mind. I'm not sure exactly how much each P12 school receives per CFP game, but one site stated $9 million for the P12 conference. 

At any rate, the revenue sharing has brought up some interesting topics in the past. Such as a missed game winning field goal costing millions in lost bowl revenue.

So, if your team is out of contention and backed into a hole on fourth down very late in the game behind by 8 points, would you punt if it gave your school a chance at a million dollars by allowing the only school with a chance at making it to the CFP another win?

I'm not saying Lake did it for that reason, but there is a built in conflict of interest due to revenue sharing. 

That's a lot of money!!

I don't think Lake has the mental "prowess" to think that far ahead. Will say that apparently he had no trust or hope in his offense. 

• Haha 1