Charles Fischer

Down Memory Lane: The RG III and FishDuck Connection

My FishDuck Friends...this goes back eight years, but when RG III was the quarterback for the Washington Football Team--they began to shock the NFL by running the Zone Read on Sundays. Problem was....the NFL fans did not understand the Zone Read at all, and wanted to.  So what was the solution?

Go to FishDuck.com and learn about the Zone Read from Yours-Truly!  During this era, I was a marginally-semi-pseudo-quasi-kind-of-famous Oregon fan and the two articles about FishDuck.com in the Washington Post was a highlight for me only surpassed by being used as a reference source and quoted in the Wall Street Journal a year later.

As I listened to RGIII last night, I thought he went too far over-the-top in trying to gin up excitement.  Then I smiled as I thought about those days eight years ago when someone-you-know could be accused of the same thing.  I am surprised, but the article is still up on the web!

Zone Read Crash Course by Keith McMillan of the Washington Post

image.png

Actual picture caption: When you see Robert Griffin III hand off to Alfred Morris, do you always understand what you’re looking at? We found some videos that might be able to clarify elements of the zone read. (Ricky Carioti/The Washington Post)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I loved RG3 as a play-by-play announcer. Better than most of those puppet mouths! I appreciate his insight, his entertainment value, and his funny interjections.

• Like 1