FishDuck Article

The “Matured” Inside Zone: Cristobal/Moorhead’s Favorite Play

One of the biggest bones of contention the fans have had with the Mario Cristobal era of nearly four years was pounding of the “A” gaps with the “Plodding-Pistol” formation. Late last year we began to see more of the Shotgun formation, and less of the Pistol to where now we simply do not see the Pistol formation at all. ...

Read the full article here...

Matured IZ Featured Picture.jpg

• Like 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks Charles for the analysis!

Great vision and quick acceleration by our running backs!  Never Say Dye has been my favorite for a long time.  It's nice to see Cardwell have that same vision and quickness!  The future looks great.

I simply love the intelligence and power blocking of our linemen.  The running game will set up the passing game!

Go Ducks!

The interior blocking in those two plays was fun to watch in real time, but exciting to watch in slow motion with explanations!

Thank you Charles!

Thanks Charles. Great analyses.

Thanks Charles.  It's really interesting to see the breakdown of an individual play and all the component pieces that go into a successful attempt.  We wouldn't see that degree of complexity by just watching the play unfold.

Guest DUCKBILL

Charles, thank you , thank you. Another great analysis and learning lesson for me. This clarifies Cristabols philosophy. Success starts with controlling the line on both sides. I do not see him wavering on this point. Some see this as being stubborn, but I see it as staying true to his philosophy. In any case keep these analyses coming. They make my day!!

Thanks to all, as again...in slow motion watch the precise moment that "Sala" leaves the combo block and gets the linebacker.  This is done in fractions of seconds, and the timing is so crucial.

They have all "matured" in this play and now everyone is happy.  Fans are NOT complaining about pounding the "A" gaps when we have plays like what you see above, and obviously Cristobal loves it, and Moorhead calls the play!

Normally I only do one example, but both were so good and within a minute and a half of each in the game...but it required me to take FIVE HOURS to complete this analysis with all the details and technology.

Matured IZ Featured Picture.jpg

Mr. FishDuck