30Duck

Fiesta Bowl...Just win it Ducks!

You don't need perfect vision to see that the 2020 Pac-12 football season was a farce. Of course with Larry Scott in charge you had good reason to have seen it coming. When it finally got going, the divisions should have been eliminated. It would have been easily done, and a lot of the laughter on how the season ended, with our beloved Ducks being the punchline could have been avoided.

But, that's the past, the Ducks are in the Fiesta Bowl, and as Shough said before the game against USC, "We might as well win it".

I think he's right. The Ducks are once again the underdogs, and for now I think that helps them. They haven't built up enough to carry the favorite label all the time. But another NY6 win will go a long way in getting them there. Iowa State is #10, the Ducks are #25. I don't know much about the Cyclones, but apparently a pass rush will definitely cause them problems, and after the USC experience, I think the Ducks can get after them.

Don't do it for the Pac-12, you're carrying it already. This years conference championship is certainly as valid as the mythical half a national championship the Huskies bark about. Win it for you, and us!. 

I like the fact that the Ducks are the underdogs in this game. We always play to the level of our competition. 

Like the fact you are looking ahead "30". Let's leave 2020 behind and have a Fiesta.

A win over ISU is the first building block on a big run to 3Peat. The defense played with reckless abandon against the Trojans. I am confident that they will show up again against the Cyclones. Since the offense faltered at times in the Title game, I'm looking for a big adjustment and the corresponding win as our Duck coaches turn the offense loose, playing the hot hands at the skills positions while the big boys up front play their best game of the abbreviated season.

I think everyone wishes good riddance to 2020.  Ironically, we all expected at least a conference title.  The path the team took to get there was ugly, but honestly, didn’t we figure the team was at least a year away from greatness?

My beef is the missed opportunity to gauge the team’s true abilities against an elite team that also expected to reload this year.  The roster our beloved Ducks started the 2020 season with was bulging with talent, and to host a blue blood we have yet to conquer was going to be the best part of this year in my opinion.

What a wasted opportunity to witness a mixture of the last vestiges of the “old guard” mixed with the newcomers.  To be tested by a team known throughout the ages as a true powerhouse.  Fortunately, we will witness the matchup in 2021.  Yet the bitter taste in my mouth from missing out on the introduction to a burgeoning era...

Die forever 2020

Roll in 2021 on another good note my beloved Ducks.  

They say that hindsight is 2020... and we definitely want 2020 in the rear view mirror... and we don't want to look back.