Charles Fischer

Athlon Sports Pac-12 Championship Prediction

I usually like their thoughts and they did predict we would win by four against Oregon State, but for this one...

Pac-12 Championship Prediction and Preview: Oregon vs. Utah by John Coon of Athlon Sports

Pac-12 Championship Game Prediction and Preview: Oregon Ducks vs. Utah Utes

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks Charles. Hope this prediction is as wrong as the author's take on the KO time? The game kicks off at 8 and not 6, ET. Friday. 5PM Pacific time? Not the log jam you see in LA at 5 but Vegas does have lots of commuter traffic. 

I am very interested to see how many fans show up in Vegas for this game? If the numbers do not significantly exceed the number of fans who attended the champ games in Santa Clara, the Pac-12, IMO, should return to playing the game on the field of the higher ranked team.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/2/2021 at 10:20 AM, Jon Joseph said:

If the numbers do not significantly exceed the number of fans who attended the champ games in Santa Clara, the Pac-12, IMO, should return to playing the game on the field of the higher ranked team.

Yes, and with neither team having a genuine shot at The Invitational, and on Friday, TV numbers are trending down. Vegas is great for the basketball tournament, a lot better than when it was at the Staples Center.

On 12/2/2021 at 10:20 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I am very interested to see how many fans show up in Vegas for this game? If the numbers do not significantly exceed the number of fans who attended the champ games in Santa Clara, the Pac-12, IMO, should return to playing the game on the field of the higher ranked team.

Playing the game on a neutral field was one of Larry Scott's hair brained ideas. Playing the game on the home field of the higher ranked team guaranteed that, instead of costing the conference money, the game was a money maker in what most likely was a packed stadium. I remember when Oregon played UCLA at Autzen for the Championship. That was a fun game.

Why not start the game at 4:00 PM and get more EST time zone CFB fans watching?

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/2/2021 at 2:07 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Why not start the game at 4:00 PM and get more EST time zone CFB fans watching?

Great question? My guess? ABC does not want to give up the 'NEWS hour?' And ABC likely wants folks working out west to get home from work and tune in? At least an earlier broadcast will not cut into the start of the game.

I think it would be better if the game was played on a Thursday night? Folks want to go out on Friday. The playoff semis are on New Year's Eve this season. Watch the viewer numbers take a big dip.