jrw

Is Mario A Bad Boss?

CJ noted in another thread that the Ducks have now gone through 6 coordinators in 5 years, the most recent taking a significant step down.

Is Mario hard to work for and get along with? Being relentless, demanding and driven sound good, but a boss like that can drive people out.

Especially one who does not listen to input, is stubborn, and will not change, despite evidence that change is needed.

Mario seems to be great with kids and their families, but is he too much for his employees?

How many left for HC jobs? Thats not a slight against MC.

On 12/4/2021 at 11:20 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

How many left for HC jobs? Thats not a slight against MC.

All but Leavitt left for head coaching jobs, but in my mind none of the head coaching jobs were as prestigious as working at the UofO as a coordinator (of course I am severely biased). 

It's well known though that Leavitt had trouble working with him and I think it will become more clear as time goes by that Moorhead had trouble working with him as well. 

I think the stubborn, pig headedness is the main culprit. A good leader is exceedingly humble and empowering. The job of a leader is to instill confidence by supporting their staffs ideas and vision.

The irony of leadership is realizing that you are not actually the one in control. You are essentially facilitating collaborative control of an organization. In the end you are only as successful as your staff is successful and empowered.

Edited by C J