Duck 68

Why not just say "I'm staying"?

If Mario is committed to our Ducks, he could stop all speculation by firmly stating that he is staying in Eugene. The uncertainty has a negative affect on our program. The transfer portal could get more active and our "committed" and nearly "committed" recruits may be re-thinking their choice. Failing to eliminate the uncertainty does damage to us now and in the future. 

• Like 1

Because he’s leaving. His post-game comments told the story. Any Oregon fan who was here during the Taggart era can sniff this garbage out.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's just a negotiating tactic, it's why so many coaches got insane new contracts this year, cause their school was terrified they'd leave... if they weren't worried they wouldn't have gotten a new contract.

@deschutesduck i totally agree it’s a negotiation tactic. that doesn’t make it ethical. He’s been cagey all fall. first it was usc. now it’s miami. that’s not how you treat “family.”

• Thumbs Up 1

@DR Hilarius I agree, as a fan i'm well... not a fan of it, i'm sure the players and recruits hate the uncertainty. I think I've just resigned myself to the fact that this is simply how it goes now a days.

• Thumbs Up 1